• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Tweaktown has the rumour at 26% over a 2080Ti for the 3090. Hopefully that isn't correct because then it would be pointless going from a 2080Ti to even 3080Ti AND the resale price of a 2080Ti would be kept high.

Soldato
Anything beyond 1080p for me results in a frontal lobe migraine, the 5700 XT ticks down to mid 80s in Assassins Creed Odyssey and Division 2 due to the trees and grass so am looking for 30% over a 5700XT.

Cyberpunk is a consideration but it’s 1080p performance i am stuck on, oh and HDMI 2.1.

Soldato
Tweaktown has the rumour at 26% over a 2080Ti for the 3090. Hopefully that isn't correct because then it would be pointless going from a 2080Ti to even 3080Ti AND the resale price of a 2080Ti would be kept high.

Look, absolutely no one knows what are it is. wccftech says it's a 3080ti, videocardz says it's a 3080 and now tweak town says 3090... it's just clickbait trash

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely we can’t have back to back generations of people still validating terrible price/perf increases.

26% increase of 2080ti to 3080ti/3090 would need to see a good drop in price. £800 would be fair.

please everyone, RT should have had the R&D absorbed into the shocking Turing prices. Don’t buy ampere if it’s more expensive than Turing and has anything less than 35% perf increase at same price.

It’s just not worth it

Soldato
Just wondering, someone mentioned if Nvidia considered the sales of Turing to be disappointing. If this is true prices may actually come down with the next gen of cards.

Associate
Certainly in the first few months sales of RTX cards were reported as "not meeting expectations" by nvidia - but with prices jacked up so much this probably did not matter. Once the super cards came along coupled with a round of price cuts things got a bit better

Associate
It's the same leak as before but they're saying it's a Titan or a 3090 and they've got different percentages. It doesn't make sense really.

Edit Grim said the same thing

Caporegime
It’s gets worse and worse with these specs I hope it’s not true 40% but not 26 no way. I hope amd catch them off guard .

I don't want to get my hopes up but AMD have just filed a new patent, at the same time a new architecture code name appears in the driver repository. Sienna Cichlid, it has 4 new SDMA engines each capable of 1GB of data transfer, to put that into perspective RDNA1 has 2 SDMA engines each capable of 4MB transfers.
It also has higher IPC and 2X the geometry throughput per clock.

At this point AMD have beaten Intel, Their Infinity Fabric doesn't scale quite as well as Intel's Ring Bus in games but in productivity and data centre (where it maters) Intel are absolutely crushed. No one thought AMD could come back let alone come up with technology that frankly humiliates Intel.

I still don't think AMD can beat Nvidia but damn it we need them to because Nvidia like Intel have got too comfortable, it looks like AMD are introducing new and exciting technology to the GPU space, i hope that at least it brings Jens out in cold sweats.

Back
Top Bottom