The **Now Eating** Thread

Caporegime
Thanks, while I've been on furlough I've been following a lot of Indian YouTube cooking guides, particularly those aimed at more of a 'British takeaway' style.
This is a fantastic book. The tikka recipe is amazing, it’s spot on! The reviews say it all. It’s not a quick fix book, but it’s perfect if you really want to do it properly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Curry-Bible-Pat-Chapman/dp/184358087X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=BWJBJ5JZBX7S&dchild=1&keywords=pat+chapman+curry+bible&qid=1592853485&sprefix=Pat+chapman,aps,151&sr=8-1

Last edited:
This is a fantastic book. The tikka recipe is amazing, it’s spot on! The reviews say it all. It’s not a quick fix book, but it’s perfect if you really want to do it properly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Curry-Bible-Pat-Chapman/dp/184358087X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=BWJBJ5JZBX7S&dchild=1&keywords=pat+chapman+curry+bible&qid=1592853485&sprefix=Pat+chapman,aps,151&sr=8-1

Cheers, I Bought a secondhand-hand copy, sounds like an interesting book, intrigued to see how the base curry sauce will be.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Not now but last night; made the first use of the "Wagyu" beef I ordered from a local farm. Bloke that owns it is trying to start up a herd of Wagyu and cross breeds. First cow was a few months ago which I missed, but managed to get a box of meat this time round. Ended up with 2x 500g mince, 2x 200-220g fillets, 2x 250-300g skirt steaks, 8x burgers and a 1.5kg silverside joint; all for £100.

Decided to use one of the skirts for a chilli noodle stir fry. Oh my lord the flavour was great, the texture sublime. Very enjoyable experience to be honest. Considering skirt is usually a very lean and muscly cut, this was like butter. Making me salivate just thinking about it again :D

yWlbI5k.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Po97HR.jpg

My first KFC since January. Got it delivered. I got the boneless banquet. 3 mini fillets, small popcorn chicken, 2 sides (gravy and corn on the cob), 1 dip pot (Supercharger) and a can of pepsi max.

Really enjoyed it. Could have maybe used a couple more fillets, but otherwise no complaints :)

Caporegime
Po97HR.jpg

My first KFC since January. Got it delivered. I got the boneless banquet. 3 mini fillets, small popcorn chicken, 2 sides (gravy and corn on the cob), 1 dip pot (Supercharger) and a can of pepsi max.

Really enjoyed it. Could have maybe used a couple more fillets, but otherwise no complaints :)
I think KFC are doing ten fillets for a tenner atm

Anyone who doesn’t have the gravy with their boneless KFC wants shooting

taB

taB

Associate
Lovely Pork Chop.

I got bored of cooking so ordered a meal from Elite Bistros at Home. Shared 3 starters and 3 desserts with a main each.

Burrata
RwjQmvgl.jpg

Octopus
mJNZzWjl.jpg

Smoked Bacon
2OWtNwKl.jpg

Featherblade
NHXKarIl.jpg

Parkin
dOuQ9tml.jpg

Mousse
VUKOmctl.jpg

Cheese
1WhbEYnl.jpg

DIY Wine Flight
kuB71jYl.jpg

Definitely missed 3 hour meals over the past few months...

Last edited:
Soldato
you beat me to it, I was going to ask if you had pre-reserved
... obviously, you didn't have a lead time on photographing meals, like the soap opera filming.

Soldato
Booking doesn't become available until tomorrow. But I'll be getting booked up asap :D

Couple of steak bakes from Greggs and beans for dinner. I have missed Greggs so much!

Back
Top Bottom