**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
BoS heavy combat armour left leg
BoS combat armour right arm
Forest scout armour left arm

Happy to take those off you, BushiDan in game. Do you usually play later in the day?

My current setup is the following, nice thing is very low weight for improved stealth and +50 poison protection so king mirelurk are almost harmless

Left Arm - 35/45/10 - Vanguard BOS
Rigth Arm - 22/54/00 - Zealot's forest +25 poison
Chest - 60/40/00 - Weightless forest +1 char
Left Leg - 25/20/00 - Weightless forest +25 poison
Right Leg - 27/66/00 - Weightless leather

Have a couple of other vanguard and bolstering but this is the best overall setup atm

Man of Honour
Happy to take those off you, BushiDan in game. Do you usually play later in the day?

I'm all over the shop at the moment. I'm finding furlough difficult, especially as it's likely to end in redundancy due to the job I have being wildly incompatible with social distancing. It's taking a toll on my mental health. So who knows when I'm doing anything at the moment. I'll look for you whenever I log in.

Soldato
ah sorry to hear that, it's tough times at the moment. I'm down to 3 days working per week and just hoping will be fine at the end of it

Man of Honour
I finally got a fancy gun today and it reminded me of DanF as it's a single action revolver. 1*, Troubleshooter's Fancy single action revolver. I won't be using it and it's 7.3 units in my stash, but I'm keeping it because it's fancy :) Bronze and shiny white. Very fancy.

EDIT:

A screenshot
4qokeaJ.png

Just in case anyone doesn't know, it's one of the rare weapons that have a very low drop chance when redeeming a Pleasant Valley claim ticket for the left luggage. You get the tickets randomly (and very rarely) from scorched and redeem them in the basement of the main Pleasant Valley ski resort building, under the area with the raider vendorbot. Usually you get common pre-war clothing, some pre-war money and a pre-war watch, but there are some uncommon items of clothing (e.g. Western Outfit with and without chaps) and a couple of fancy guns. I know there's a fancy shotgun as well as a fancy revolver. Maybe other stuff, I don't know.

Last edited:
Soldato
haha nice, single actions are really fun to play with but really underpowered. Have to think about the reload times etc. Imagine a quad ammo single action, would be reloading it for 30s

picked up some bloodied weapons and it's made the pistol build really fun to play. I've basically stopped playing the rifleman char

BE .44 - does nice damage, empties 6 shots pretty fast, quicker reload that a sniper rifle. Stealth headshot crits around 1500
BE 10mm - this thing is a monster, it's like a mini Fixer. Can clear out high level areas with ease and runs on almost free ammo. The funny thing is it's only the lvl 35 version but the damage differences to the 45 is tiny. Someone sold it along with a bunch of other bloodied weapons really low price. Stealth headshot crits around 500 but shoots as fast as you can click the mouse button. Sips AP on each shot and can take a silencer

Just fishing now for a bloodied Gauss pistol now, it will really wreck stuff. The stock damage ones are hitting as hard as the bloodied .44 already.

Man of Honour
I'm still playing a bit and looking for something new, so I decided to try mutations. Move a few points around, get class freak on and a point in rejuvinated as I'm almost always well fed and hydrated...and many mutations. At a cost of 1 int and 1 str, I've gained 4 agility, faster movement, faster reloading, more AP, more carrying capacity (435 now), very high health regen, faster AP regen, 50 more DR and 50 more ER...and epic jumping and partial anti-gravity. Moved some points from Gunsmith to Batteries Included, which reduced my carried weight by 50-70 because I habitually carry an excessive number of fusion cores around.

My first thought was "how did I play without marsupial and bird bones?" It's a great quality of life combo. Jump like a grasshopper on meth, drop like a parachute. Obstacles become shortcuts.

I bought a plasma caster plan and the relevant mod plans for it, crafted some max level 3* ones. It's poop on a stick. Gatling gun simply beats it for everything. Maybe if I was a bloodied VATS heavy guns build it might be better, but I'm not.

But yeah, mutations. They're great.

Soldato
Mutations are game changing with the right perk cards as well it frees up a lot of options. Also selling your own Serums to the vendors everyday is very time saving as 3 x serums = 1095 Caps leaving you only to find 305 Caps worth of junk to sell!
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_76_mutations

Finally bought a Gauss Minigun Plan & Tri barrel mod! Insane DMG is dished out (more if you Prime it & go on the epic quest for more ammo as this thing chews up 2-3K ammo per hour!). Think I might prime it with tomorrow's gold bullion but the excessive ultracite ammo useage & creation requirements is putting me off a little!

Man of Honour
Finally bought a Gauss Minigun Plan & Tri barrel mod! Insane DMG is dished out (more if you Prime it & go on the epic quest for more ammo as this thing chews up 2-3K ammo per hour!). Think I might prime it with tomorrow's gold bullion but the excessive ultracite ammo useage & creation requirements is putting me off a little!

That's why I decided not to bother. I find that a normal minigun uses far more ammo than I'm willing to grind for and a gauss one is far worse because you make far less ammo for the same amount of materials. Prime's a definite no for me because I don't farm flux. I find launching a nuke far too tedious.

I've got ~100 legendary modules stashed away and no idea what I'm going to use them for. I've already made a suit of T-65 apart from the helmet, but I value the extra carry weight on Excavator more so I'm not using my T-65. Maybe future BoS content will bring some more heavy weapons and power armour.

Soldato
started to level a 3rd char, level-a-holic atm. It's using one of AngryTurtles builds and can flip between bloodied unarmed and PA heavy guns. Just lvl 29 atm and it's a lot of fun, really different to the rifle and pistol chars. It's going to start feeling broken in a couple of levels with a 30 bloodied weapon and the 2 melee mutations ready to go.

Soldato
Well I still haven’t unlocked either the Guass Minigun or Guass Shotgun yet, keep dropping in and do few of the daily’s but I’m a way off on both. I’ve hit the 5k Gold Bullion limit now and got 41 treasury notes to cash but I just dunno what I want to buy.

The secret service armour looks ok but I’m a PA Big Gun build so it wasted, nothing kills me in the Exc or Ultracite PA anyway and the only thing Ive spent Bullion on so far is the backpack mod to reduce chem weights.

Soldato
Well I still haven’t unlocked either the Guass Minigun or Guass Shotgun yet, keep dropping in and do few of the daily’s but I’m a way off on both. I’ve hit the 5k Gold Bullion limit now and got 41 treasury notes to cash but I just dunno what I want to buy.

The secret service armour looks ok but I’m a PA Big Gun build so it wasted, nothing kills me in the Exc or Ultracite PA anyway and the only thing Ive spent Bullion on so far is the backpack mod to reduce chem weights.
Buy T65 PA its a beast (apart from carry weight which is only 425 ish after Calibrated Shocks!). Once you hit the 5K limit you have to spend it does not stockpile any higher than that.

Soldato
That's why I decided not to bother. I find that a normal minigun uses far more ammo than I'm willing to grind for and a gauss one is far worse because you make far less ammo for the same amount of materials. Prime's a definite no for me because I don't farm flux. I find launching a nuke far too tedious.
Your not kidding about ammo went through 2K on a single SBQ event yesterday! No wonder the game is dead again player numbers wise its way too tedious to keep grinding all this ammo :rolleyes:

30th June might be the release date for Season 1 according to the lead game designers twitter but no official word on that yet.

Soldato
Do a melee or pistol build, you’ll be swimming in spare ammo to send to other chars :p
My only CHAR is already Mr Melee I do not bother with ALT Characters! :p I am talking about how much material you need to construct the UC 2mm for the primed gauss minigun! Lots of fluxes which take forever to craft BEFORE you even get to the other required materials :(

Soldato
Are you unarmed or melee weapon. Levelling as unarmed was hard up to 20 until mole miner gauntlet opened up. Have a bloodied power fist and vampire deathclaw ready for lvl 50

Soldato
Are you unarmed or melee weapon. Levelling as unarmed was hard up to 20 until mole miner gauntlet opened up. Have a bloodied power fist and vampire deathclaw ready for lvl 50
Melee Level 539 @ 2000 + hours in! Way beyond what you are experiencing now player experience wise!!:p;)

Man of Honour

I thought backpacks were useless in power armour. Am I wrong?

T-65 is better than ultracite, so that's a possibility for something to get just to avoid the situation of having treasury notes building up because you can't redeem them due to the bullion limit. Or maybe one of the old Vault 94 PAs just for a change. Having said that, I have ~200 spare treasury notes. It is how it is. Maybe just keep your 5K bullion until you get enough faction rep to buy something you want.

Are you aware of how to turn in faction daily requests to increase your faction rep gain? It can make quite a bit of difference to how quickly you can gain faction rep. With the default ways of turning those quests in, it takes 65 days to go from neutral to ally. With the most effective ways, it takes 39 days for the same. Basic gist of it is to decline any reward when turning in a faction daily (the rewards are trivial and you still get the treasury notes, so it's no great loss) and to give (not sell) the photos you take of one faction for Davenport to the other faction (which again just costs you the trivial reward). For retirement plan, I boosted my charisma with grape mentats before talking to the raider and suggested they try Foundation - that gets extra Foundation rep.

Buy T65 PA its a beast (apart from carry weight which is only 425 ish after Calibrated Shocks!). Once you hit the 5K limit you have to spend it does not stockpile any higher than that.

How do you get such a high carry weight? Mine is 435 in Excavator PA with motion assisted servos for +2 str. So it's 90-100 below yours. What's your strength? Are you running a bloodied unyielding build?

Soldato
So in 2 levels I've gone from struggling against hard mobs to totally OP for level

lvl 20 mole miner claw = 130~
lvl 30 deathclaw = 312
lvl 30 bloodied mole miner claw = 499 before chems, food etc or 400 at 50% health

Everything stacks, bloodied + Adrenal Reaction + Talons + Twisted Muscles + Iron Fist

Back
Top Bottom