Pyronix Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
I'm not sure what version the panel is (so neither will the installer be, unless SMS was only compatible with certain panels?) there's no indication on the panel either other than some RLBL number. Is there an easy way to check which model?

Thanks again, just get so much conflicting information from different suppliers saying they can upgrade to WiFi another saying they can't, another saying they can't factory reset it.

If it came to replacing it I'd probably opt for a different system to be fair (something like Yale's Sync alarms) so it can tie in with other smart home devices rather than a new Pyronix.

Out of curiosity do you work for/run a security company/alarm installer?

The £450 was for new panel (this was because they claimed you can't factory reset it), relearning the existing sensors, and presumably any warranty that comes with a new panel.

Soldato
I'm not sure what version the panel is (so neither will the installer be, unless SMS was only compatible with certain panels?) there's no indication on the panel either other than some RLBL number. Is there an easy way to check which model?

Thanks again, just get so much conflicting information from different suppliers saying they can upgrade to WiFi another saying they can't, another saying they can't factory reset it.

If it came to replacing it I'd probably opt for a different system to be fair (something like Yale's Sync alarms) so it can tie in with other smart home devices rather than a new Pyronix.

Out of curiosity do you work for/run a security company/alarm installer?

The £450 was for new panel (this was because they claimed you can't factory reset it), relearning the existing sensors, and presumably any warranty that comes with a new panel.

The SMS feature came on earlier panels and used to cost something silly like 50p a month. Was a great feature as it was cheap and done the trick. This was before the App came out.

Yales DIY, Pyronix is a mix of DIY and commercial. It's a good little panel that has its place and it's very flexible.

The problem you have with any smart alarm, or anything smart these days, is that the lifespan on a product that revolves around the internet, in my experience, has a lifespan of around 5 years. After that support gets dropped and the next new hot thing comes out that everyone wants to move to. You are better buying the underlying product rather than the features. The Pyronix as a stand alone alarm will have an extremely long shelf life. The Yale, not so much. However the Yales designed that anyone with a bit of knowledge could have a bash.

Like I said the £450 is not a bad price. You'll get a kit off ebay for less, but then if you took the time to read the manuals you could probably make a go of it yourself. At the end of the day it depends on where you place your value with your time.

Associate
OP
Yeah a few of the installers mentioned charges on phone bills for the SMS so it wasn't popular (not sure how if the app version is £20 odd a year for cloud subscription so it's surely more cost effective to use the SMS but oh well). I'm not sure I even have the SMS or WiFi module though.

Even something over 5 years would be an acceptable expense, if it integrates with other smart home things then I'd find some uses in it rather than say the Pyronix which has some app but no integration with anything.

Yeah ultimately if it came to it I wouldn't replace it just to get WiFi/proximity tag as much as I'd find them useful to have, I'd just factor in the cost to eventually upgrade it with something else.

The work question was only because it's a small world, as I live in Fife too :p

Associate
Did you manage to get this sorted Scotteh? Mine is flashing at me telling me service required. Apparently to turn this off all you do is log into engineers code, which is great if i had it but I don't!! I've tried all the default ones but with no joy. Any help in sorting this without having to pay the installation company a hefty fee to turn off a light on MY alarm would be greatfully recieved.

Sorry to come into the conversation so late. I'm in a similar situation.
The mother in law has just moved in to a house with an enforcer V10 and only has the master code. No one knows the engineer code. How do you reset it. Any help would be appreciated.

Soldato
No - to be honest this was not intended for new accounts to ask that one specific question. Sorry I will not be helping anyone any further.

Associate
I'm curious if anyone has any idea about this... it's a Pyronix Enforcer alarm system

I've recently moved into a house that's got a Pyronix alarm fitted by the builder, I was given the master/user code when I moved in which I promptly changed.

Last night the screen started showing a Wireless supervision fault on one of the motion sensors, this seems to point to an issue with the battery in most cases, so an easy fix. This fault prevents the alarm from being set.

My concern is there is a tamper spring on the sensor, so as soon as I replace the battery, it'll then be 'live' again and it'll detect it's being tampered with, trip the alarm and I don't have the engineer code to clear the tamper alarm..

Has anyone had a similar fault/experience with these alarms, and know if I'm correct in what I'm saying (i.e. it'll trip the alarm)?

Hi Scotteh,
I have just been Googling how to get the engineer code for my Pyronix enforcer and came across your post. Did you ever manage to reset the engineer code? If so would you please let me know how?
The codes got lost while our house got renovated and now I am stuck with a very expensive system that has all been reinstalled and I can't use.

Associate
Can any body help I moved into a house last year which has the V10 installed with the WiFi module and want to reset the device to default so I can replace some of the sensors with pet friendly sensors, I also don't have the user code just a push button fob somewhere to arm and disarm the system. Are you able to share how you reset the system with me as I am also being quoted by a local firm to replace the whole control panel (like for like which seems pointless) the current panel works fine I just want to expand its use further with pet friendly sensors and add some door contacts.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom