What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Just done what I assume is the first major service on the tank.
  • Front pads
  • Rear pads
  • Rear shocks (were weeping oil)
  • Oil & oil filter
  • Spark plugs (all 8 of em)
  • Air filter
All in that totalled around £700 including labour, is that ball park? I've never had a car like this so no idea of the expenses!

According to the service manual trans fluid and filters need doing at 100k miles so maybe get those done next year (currently on around 145kms)

Also have some bushes and control arms that need replacing but will wait on those too as no biggie at the minute.

Just dropped off the interior front middle seat arm rest thingy that had a massive tear in it so needed to sort this.
qwz7Zb9.jpg
Been quoted around £30 for it to be reupholstered so getting it done today.

Last edited:
Caporegime
After years with no badges on the boot, some part of me wanted to have an STi badge on again:

ACtC-3cw_d_b_IC5-W_RXWzUHJ3ktdsXNJzvGxc-By0cLrErdWlQlgDZvGtAscpHHWRpJkHchvv_gdZfxTZIy7vWo_Hfl6gUfsEAO9Brgzdvv289CQEa6bV3ppwsHkFORe1pswlVVCj1cr2dBnfd8evqebSO=w1292-h970-no

ACtC-3csa9F7KF40_OzMukEaPheO-Ddex3aOMjzO9mPQ5G9zYBLZ8qdQKPKSm_6GkyQ3c9L7wzsxQV5WmGzCoho4654RTCKfBUBxGj7wmwkJUHZzkjkDlJF5GJD8iBqX3AqM3xtwbAkOj37N2GwPwSVuovBd=w1292-h970-no

The original badges looked messy to me, but equally I thought WRX STi looks odd on its own on the right, with STi on its own looking more weird in the original position, hence raising it up a bit.
ACtC-3c61QDIqtMNKZTaWnEdLFk5__qmrPK61wO51HCpHPbc7xkBpSIwn5dRB8m4GdNXRR6D7pVLEfFg2oMs3buRBcwAwH4Z8JREgHLwt1ydLixFNrZGwEyrGoMdCQoNMj5osxYumOS9rPoeGQI67QSJuVQg=w1292-h969-no

Not sure how I feel about it, not sure if it's straight enough for my liking either :D

Oh well will leave it on for a bit and see how I feel about it :)

Sometimes you have to mix it up a bit. :p

This was my favourite rear end badge tidy-up I did...

iyBOMGp.jpg

JJSD86L.jpg

Soldato
It was totally stripped down to the frame, it had been re-treated and painted and they had modded the front shock mounts to match the (racing/rally?) spec.

Soldato
Made the 300 mile round trip to AlfaWorks to get the 4C fettled.

3 year service (big one, body off and tub torque check + plugs/oil etc.)
Brake Fluid change
Double check the front geo (Already has their road spec shims (adds a lot of caster), but the toe was off)
K&N Filter install (even more whooshing sounds behind your head!)
Fitted my carbon fibre mudflaps :p

What a place, car's still under warranty but I'm fed up of Alfa's terrible service. AW know them like the back of their hands and develop / fab their own parts etc. to make it better.
K087fJz.jpg
Their development car, and they have a 2.0l conversion hiding in the corner aswell. Not finished yet but will be 400+bhp and still ~900kg.

And some mudflaps :)
7yZKxRQ.jpg
vXBs8ua.jpg
They should really come as standard, the sides of the car get absolutely whalloped. They put PPF on the sides/intakes so why not mudflaps! I think they look pretty good, OEM+.

Back
Top Bottom