The Last of Us Part II

Soldato
I just completed it and loved it!! one of the best games I've played in a long time. So glad I managed to avoid any spoilers on it and not read all of the hate before it was released.

I'm not sure how long it took me to complete, probably 35 hrs or so I guess as I was in no rush and just enjoyed exploring every inch of it.

I'm really struggling to find the bits where people got to angry about and gave it 1/10, those people can't have played the game.

Some people had decided on their score way before the game was released and have never played it, others just believe what they read and base their opinions on that... their loss on missing out on the experience.

Soldato
I got my code for the below after completing.

trust me if anyone wants it.

Ammo Capacity Upgrade: Instantly unlock an ammo capacity upgrade for Ellie’s pistol.
Crafting Training Manual: Instantly unlock the Crafting Training Manual, which provides access to new crafting recipes and upgrades

Soldato
I take back anything good I said about it. Game just goes off the rails after the first half, which was still enjoyable enough. There's nothing that can save this writing which is utterly abysmal, but it's only compounded by what an absolute slog the game becomes. And then the ending... uff.

Not sure what to play next to cleanse my soul, this has been simply awful. If only HZD was out already on PC.. :(

Soldato

Ammo Capacity Upgrade: Instantly unlock an ammo capacity upgrade for Ellie’s pistol.
Crafting Training Manual: Instantly unlock the Crafting Training Manual, which provides access to new crafting recipes and upgrades
If the offers still there, I'll have them.

Soldato

I'll take them off you if that's OK. (sorry my previous post wasn't showing on my phone:D) I have attempted to trust you, let me know if it works I've never done it before.

Soldato
Ha I just checked, and yes, Erica Luttrell (voice of Bangalore in Apex Legends) is in TLOU2. She's one of the WLF, half expected to hear her Apex lines :p

Soldato
I'm finding I can only play this game in short bursts. It can be quite intense, especially when you're trying to 'ace' a fight. Add in the level of violence and jump scares I normally last about 2 hours.

The very subtle sound and ambient music add to it all. The drumming and Elli's quick breathing in scenarios gets your heart pumping!

The only other game which forced me into limited play time was Alien isolation. That was a different type of intensity.

Soldato
I think I've got to the bit that a lot of people are complaining about.
Even though I haven't finished the game yet, I have found my desire to keep playing severely dented.

TO BE CLEAR, I do not think the game deserves review bombing, and I do not think people should be wasting time and energy to try and kill the game's reputation online, but I do understand that what Naughty Dog did was a huge "all your eggs in one basket" move, and for me, it hasn't paid off.
My initial 8.5/10 has been reduced to a 7/10 I think.
The fun has just gone :(

I get what ND tried to do, but...
I do not want to play as Abby
I have no desire to search the world and all its nooks and crannies as Abby
I don't want to upgrade her stuff or gain extra skills
There MUST have been a better way to learn all this stuff about the WLF without having the game stop dead in the middle and start again !!

If anyone wants to reply to me, please try and do so without plot spoliers, as I said, I haven't finished yet :)

Aaaaanyway, I'll keep going.
Maybe I'll get that spark of fun back.

Soldato
I think I've got to the bit that a lot of people are complaining about.
Even though I haven't finished the game yet, I have found my desire to keep playing severely dented.

TO BE CLEAR, I do not think the game deserves review bombing, and I do not think people should be wasting time and energy to try and kill the game's reputation online, but I do understand that what Naughty Dog did was a huge "all your eggs in one basket" move, and for me, it hasn't paid off.
My initial 8.5/10 has been reduced to a 7/10 I think.
The fun has just gone :(

I get what ND tried to do, but...
I do not want to play as Abby
I have no desire to search the world and all its nooks and crannies as Abby
I don't want to upgrade her stuff or gain extra skills
There MUST have been a better way to learn all this stuff about the WLF without having the game stop dead in the middle and start again !!

If anyone wants to reply to me, please try and do so without plot spoliers, as I said, I haven't finished yet :)

Aaaaanyway, I'll keep going.
Maybe I'll get that spark of fun back.

I kinda felt the same. But I got that spark back. Just keep going. Honestly..I found her play style quite fun.

this is still a 8.5/9 out of 10 for me. Enjoyed every minute with it.

Associate
Finished TLOU2 a couple of night ago and the story wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, I mean it was nowhere near as good as the first game but I suppose that was expected but well worth the play through after waiting seven years for a sequal.

Soldato
Ha I just checked, and yes, Erica Luttrell (voice of Bangalore in Apex Legends) is in TLOU2. She's one of the WLF, half expected to hear her Apex lines :p
I thought I heard her voice! Dismissed it but definitely heard it. Been playing Bang a lot this season so I figured it was just me! Gear up ladies!

Associate
I'm not, in not buying it after everything I have read and seen. Sounds like it would just be a disappointment compared to the first. If I ever do get it I will wait for the price to come down.

Do not listen to all the negative comments. This game is still amazing. Absolutely nothing at all that warrants the user reviews.

I played from 8:30am until gone 12 am the same day on friday day of release. Could not put it down.

I have since sold the game for £40. So for £10 cost for over 27 hours of entertainment absolutely fantastic value. And as i said one of the best games i have played in the last 2 years. RE2 remake just edging ahead for me.

Permabanned
As with all big 'AAA' games these days, I am sick to death of the endless snipey discussions surrounding it. Seems to be fairly tame on here though, thank Christ.

Enjoying it so far more as an entity rather then an experience. Kind of insane how well it runs on ageing hardware considering what it is they're asking of it. The way it all flows is impeccable. However I can already tell it's going to be far too long. It telegraphs it's half way point pretty hard and having well past that now with no real end in sight I'm starting to get a little ratty towards it. Way too much padding.

Soldato
As with all big 'AAA' games these days, I am sick to death of the endless snipey discussions surrounding it. Seems to be fairly tame on here though, thank Christ.

Everyone seems to love to **** on anything new - whether it's Pokemon or a Sony/MS exclusive (not that MS have any - I'm joking!) or whatever. I just don't get it. People are sheep generally but it's never been as bad as it is now.

Permabanned
So a masterpiece yeah? Doesn't make the 90 odd mainstream publications giving it near perfect scores AT ALL suspicious? lol.

No, not at all.

Say you where a reviewer who was passionate about what they did, how much would a publisher have to pay you to inflate a review score? Bearing in mind that if you where found out, your career would be OVER. No publication would ever hire you again and (given how malicious gamers are when it comes to this sort of thing) your name would be dirt on social media where people would send you rape and death threats for the foreseeable future. You'd have to pa me a life's salary plus perks for me to even think about it.

Plus, publishers can't keep boxart a secret most of the time. How would a generation of paid off reviewers and the staff publishers employ to keep the money flowing to them ever stay quite? It would be the biggest story ever.

Crazy how people think there's a conspiracy of paid reviewers but seem to ignore the proven and infinitely more sinister tactics Publishers actually use to control the MC scores i.e blacklisting certain reviewers, bringing them to luxurious preview events and in the case of the last of us, placing a post embargo seal on 15 hours of gameplay so that reviewers are instantly limited to what can be discussed.

Soldato
Everyone seems to love to **** on anything new - whether it's Pokemon or a Sony/MS exclusive (not that MS have any - I'm joking!) or whatever. I just don't get it. People are sheep generally but it's never been as bad as it is now.

It's just a small minority of these dweebs with nothing better to do with themselves than concoct dramas on the internet. I've had the misfortune of seeing a few twitter posts today (I don't use it usually), and the foaming at the mouth from these twerps on anything to do with the game is utterly cringe.

Fortunately you can just not use social media and avoid it, although it spills over onto this forum sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom