*** Justice League Thread ***

Soldato
I don't think it will magically make the film better, it had too many core issues for that to happen that can't be fixed by a little VFX tweaking, but it'll still be interesting to see the "original" version. I really like Josh Wheddon's work but you couldn't have picked a worse person to continue a Snider film - Mr Humourless Dark and Gritty followed by Mr Light and Funny - thats just not a good mix of styles to make a cohesive film.

I'll still give it a watch anyway.

Soldato
I'd like to see Snyder's cut, just to see what the film was supposed to be.

Worth doing in my opinion, if only to be rid of Cavill's dodgy CGI chin. :p

Soldato
Going back to the original Steppenwold too.

4Tt43uH.jpg

Also, there is going to be David Ayer's cut of Suicide Squad released too where Enchantress is not building a 'machine' to destroy humanity, but is in league with the Apokaliptians and is using a Mother Cube to create a Boom Tube.

Soldato
Going back to the original Steppenwold too.
Also, there is going to be David Ayer's cut of Suicide Squad released too where Enchantress is not building a 'machine' to destroy humanity, but is in league with the Apokaliptians and is using a Mother Cube to create a Boom Tube.

Do you know this film is so forgettable I cant really remember the plot of it anyway.

Soldato
I'll add to the Batfleck praise, he nailed the role, first Batman who seemed like he could handle himself too.

Just hoping Pattinson is more of the detective side of things.

Soldato
I'll add to the Batfleck praise, he nailed the role, first Batman who seemed like he could handle himself too.

Just hoping Pattinson is more of the detective side of things.

Agreed, i do think that Snyder did make a bit of a mistake with the whole "Martha" part of BvS along with Lex Luthor but the entire last half of that movie was, in my opinion, phenomenal superhero action. I was a little dismayed that they reduced one of the most destructive villains in the DC, in Doomsday, to a tool used by Lex to destroy Superman and squeeze in "The Death Of Superman" into a DC Movie.

I also think that his performance has been marred a bit with the Joss Whedon version of Justice League at points turning him into a parody of the character almost as much as Batman 66. I am hopeful the Snyder Cut will re-address that.

Associate
I also must say Batfleck is my fav version of the Batman closely followed by Christian Bale. I was a little surprised he gave up the part when he did. Certainly makes me more interested in the Flash movie
as that is a very weak character in my humble opinion. Imagine if they got Christian Bale involved as well, but that is very unlikely.

Last edited:
Soldato
Affleck basically walked away as by his own admission, the constant negativity around the role was one of the things that contributed to his spiraling depression.

Also he said on one interview he was sick to death that anything else he ever did, directing or acting, all he got were Batman questions.

Caporegime
Also he said on one interview he was sick to death that anything else he ever did, directing or acting, all he got were Batman questions.

Surprised he never seen that coming, i know he did Daredevil but Batman is massive in comparison and once you're linked to a character like that it's gonna be a focal point for comic fans etc.

Soldato
Looks completely a different movie.

It probably is, the amount of directors cuts I have seen that alter the whole tone of a theatrical cut is insane. Why wouldn't you want to see the vision the director had instead of some random focus group paid for by the backing corporation?

Soldato
A teaser trailer that's actually better than the full movie that Whedon put out. Just wondering if they'll go for the 4-hour movie or the 6-part mini-series?

Last edited:
Soldato
1 hour tv = 40m content or 2h40m for the whole thing. What's the point? :p

edit: if it's genuinely 4h of content then I'll go and crawl back under my rock. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom