**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Hi guys,

I won a cheap pixel 2 on ebay for £80 from a seller in china. Before I won the auction he said it would work with Three UK, but since the end of the auction he sent me a message saying that he has now checked and it won't work with Three and can he refund me...convenient.

I think he's trying to weasle out of the fact that I got a good deal.

Here's the phone, anyone any idea if it will work? Or is he waffling. I checked and Three use 800mz and 1800mhz , which the phone listing states that it supports.

https://tinyurl.com/y73t86qh

Thanks guys

Soldato
Hi guys,

I won a cheap pixel 2 on ebay for £80 from a seller in china. Before I won the auction he said it would work with Three UK, but since the end of the auction he sent me a message saying that he has now checked and it won't work with Three and can he refund me...convenient.

Here's the phone, anyone any idea if it will work? Or is he waffling. I checked and Three use 800mz and 1800mhz , which the phone listing states that it supports.

Thanks guys
Should work. Has band 20. Unless the description is wrong.

Associate
Hi guys,

Thanks guys

Pixel 2 should work fine on Threes 3g and 4g networks

Associate
It's officially been released today so you can get the 8/256 for 499 direct mi.com/UK

Cheers thinking about pulling the trigger on this right now, can't see the warranty or how to change colour, Grey does look nice but fancy the white or blue.

*Edit*

Just purchased it, cheers AndyCr15, Joelk2 & Psycho Sonny for the recommendation.

currently waiting patiently. =D

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers thinking about pulling the trigger on this right now, can't see the warranty or how to change colour, Grey does look nice but fancy the white or blue.

*Edit*

Just purchased it, cheers AndyCr15, Joelk2 & Psycho Sonny for the recommendation.

currently waiting patiently. =D
I'm pretty sure it will be my next phone when my pixel 2xl finally gives up. It's not far off but hanging in there.

Soldato
What phone would you recommend for a budget of around £100 - £150? At that price I was thinking it would be better to get a second hand poco f1/ OP 5t, what other options are there?

Leaning towards the OP 5t as that is my current phone and it's worked well since I've bought it.

[edit] Went with a refurbed Mi A2, well under buget and does exactly what's needed - recent-ish version of android, decent enough specs it will last 3/4 years.

Last edited:
Soldato
What phone would you recommend for a budget of around £100 - £150? At that price I was thinking it would be better to get a second hand poco f1/ OP 5t, what other options are there?

Leaning towards the OP 5t as that is my current phone and it's worked well since I've bought it.
Any other requirements?

Ie screen size etc..

Soldato
Any other requirements?

Ie screen size etc..

Mainly a decent battery life and as much processing power/ ram as possible so it will last longer without slowing down. Screen size is not an issue, nor is a headphone jack.

[edit] Have seen the Redmi Note 7 now which appears to get good reviews and I can get it for ~£120. Any downsides to miui?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom