• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel claims ‘superior gaming performance’ over AMD, but uses better GPU for comparison

Soldato
Intel is so desperate.

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-f...ring-gaming-laptops-with-different-gpu-models

Leaked slides come from Intel Partner Connect marketing materials, which were not meant to be distributed to the end-users.

According to Intel, a notebook equipped with Core i7-10750H will offer better gaming experience than AMD’s top bin Ryzen 9 4900HS based system. It is important to note, that the slide is a platform comparison, not CPU or GPU comparison, however, there are few things that need to be taken into consideration.

First of all, AMD Ryzen 4900HS is a 35W processor currently used exclusively by ASUS. AMD considers ASUS G14 ROG Zephyrus as the flagship model and it was actively used for marketing and product sampling during Renoir mobile launch.

The G14 is a 14-inch laptop featuring both power-limited CPU and GPU. The graphics card is GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q 65W variant. Unlike the full 90W variant, this model has boost clock limited to 1185 MHz.

On the other hand, we have a Core i7-10750H system (MSI GL65), which is a 15-inch laptop featuring both 45W CPU and 90W Max-P variant of the GeForce RTX 2060. This graphics card runs at 1560 MHz in boost mode.

Intel claims that the MSI system is better in selected AAA games measured on ultra settings by at least 18%. The MSI GL65 is also 150 USD cheaper than the G14 laptop. Obviously, Intel could have used a different system for comparison, after all, there are Ryzen 4000 laptops with full 90W RTX 2060 available.
5AgOxmg.jpg

nvs4DoY.jpg

tC4scAs.jpg

UfdbIGY.jpg

Caporegime
I'm AdoredTV has a lot to say about it :p.

He already made a video on it and completely failed to pickup on the fact that Intel are using a faster GPU, he just took those slides as true.

So if he didn't pickup on it what chance does anyone normal have in spotting that?

Its literally like me saying "my CPU is faster than yours, look i get higher frame rates than you" what i'm not telling you is that i'm using a faster GPU than you are. Only enthusiasts would spot the difference in the MaxQ and None MaxQ GPU

This is how low Intel have sunk, they are pathetic.

Soldato
If the *prices* on the slides are correct, Intel has a good point...even if it's a different point than the one they are making.

The Intel-equipped laptop provides higher frame rates for less money.

It may not be for the reason that Intel want people to think, but the end result is what it is.

Caporegime
If the *prices* on the slides are correct, Intel has a good point...even if it's a different point than the one they are making.

The Intel-equipped laptop provides higher frame rates for less money.

It may not be for the reason that Intel want people to think, but the end result is what it is.

Laptop prices range hugely, often its irrelevant what hardware is in them and with that its easy to pick out the cheapest RTX 2060 Laptop vs the most expensive MaxQ Laptop and make that argument.

2 Minutes googling and i found an Asus with a 4800H and a full fat 1660TI for the same price as Intel's example here.

The 4800H CPU is significantly faster than Intel's 10750H and the 1660TI is identical to the 2060 MaxQ, i'm sure if a spent a bit longer googling i could find the same set up for less or a full fat 2060 Laptop with a faster Ryzen CPU.

Again Intel are deliberately comparing Apples to Oranges. They are afraid to compare them to equivalents because they know they will lose.

They 4900HS is the most expensive CPU AMD have, why chose that in a form factor that has a slower GPU? its a productivity Laptop not a gaming laptop and in that sense its miles faster than Intel's example.

Last edited:
Soldato
'Shrouted'

Has his fingerprints all over it doesn't it.. The best Intel could do, if they was ethical, would be to get rid of their 'performance strategist'.

Bapco/Sysmark is an Intel founded company, AdoredTV goes into it at it's inception, and they do all they can to make AMD look worse. Intel are just like NVidia, they have to be seen to winning at ALL costs - even if it costs them all their credibility(PC perspective/Principled Technologies). When they are behind, as in now for Intel and back in the 7970GHz edition day for NVidia(and 9700pro for ATi when NVidia cheated in drivers/benchmarks), they play very dirty games to be perceived to be fastest, and it works for the average consumer!

AMD need to up their game to combat this.

Caporegime
The ironic thing is even with the slower 2060 MaxQ the 35 Watt Ryzen 4900HS is faster in games than Intel's 45 Watt 10750H with the faster 2060 when the CPU is the bottleneck.

What Intel want you to believe from their slides is that their CPU is the "Better gaming CPU" but when you actually make the CPU the gaming bottleneck the Ryzen CPU is actually the faster one. Even with a slower GPU

This is the sort of BS Intel do to make you think something that is utter nonsense.

c7oD0yQ.png

https://youtu.be/sePCp3LwEC0?t=449

Caporegime
I just find it amusing intels entire waffle is gaming gaming gaming as it's the only metric left where they have a slight advantage due to clock-speeds. In just about everything else they get smacked senseless.

Man of Honour
9100F with 1050 faster than a 3400G, no **** sherlock :rolleyes: Have they tried buying a brand new 1050 lately? At least £200 for those, £130 for the 3400G.

The 3200G is the same price as the 9100F and the IGP isn't even in the same class.

3950X to 9700K equal or inferior in productivity? Hilarious.

Caporegime
Why bother doing stuff like this when its obvious in today's times it will get out, like the chiller unit on a trolley :rolleyes:
Only a select few will pick up on it.

The masses will read it and it will simply re-affirm their already held view that Intel is the best.

That's how bias reinforcement/confirmation bias works.

Back
Top Bottom