Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Associate
Used the Origin code - thanks for posting. Have some Stronghold coming with the San Fermin as people mention it a lot on here.

Caporegime
I've trying to diversify away from my usual Pact delivery and place orders with other roasters to support them.

https://www.origincoffee.co.uk/ - they have 20% of at the minute, so essentially a bag delivered for £6ish (depending on exact coffee).

https://47degreescoffee.com/ - 10% first order

https://thecoffeecounter.co.uk/ - 20% off 1kg orders

I've visited / used the above numerous times, all very good.

Any other recommendations?

I use hasbeans subscription, they're also local to me which I quite like.

Caporegime
Update on the leaky Cellini - finally had some time to spare on attempting to fix it. Stripped down the E61 and gave it a bath in citric acid (chrome/nickel plating be damned :rolleyes: ) some of those nuts/bolts are absolute a-holes to get to. Especially the two that I was most interested in (don't have a pic of this specicially as I was too angry from skinning my knuckles and nearly breaking the entire machine trying to get to them.

The few pics I did remeber to take:

The source of the problem:
7UDPhE7l.jpg

Stripped and ready for a bath:
UxHbJIfl.jpg

What the water/citric looked like after a soak and gentle scrub of each piece:
JEwduawl.jpg

I still have a (smaller than before) leak though. :( I added extra PTFE tape to the both the inlet and outlet pipes but there is still some leaking. Will have another inspection tonight, once I calm myself enough to tackle opening it up again.

Caporegime
No I bought a service kit and replaced all of the gaskets, springs, and the gauze cylinder.

The gaskets are weird on this grouphead. Instead of them being at the tip of the thread, they are at the base of them instead - meaning the thread is entirely soaked by the water within. They are plastic and they also "insert" slightly so you'd need to have very exact sizes. I imagine that may be part of why this thing was so hard to take apart. You can see in my 2nd pic that each and every thread has scale on it, despite me having descaled the machine (whilst still assembled) very recently.

Soldato
Origin are doing a free bag of San Fermin with any other bag by using the code HOME_OFFICE till the end of the month (you need to add both bags) - £7.50 for two x 250g bags is pretty good :)

Dang it, I placed an order yesterday too, and I ordered a bag of San Fermin! Oh well, still a good price with the 20%.

Soldato
Soldato
No I bought a service kit and replaced all of the gaskets, springs, and the gauze cylinder.
No - I'm suprised std service on e61 includes removing grouphead, I replaced Bezzera hx grouphead, from pod, but it didn't have a gasket like rocket, just metal against metal.
Paranoia - would be nice to do some kind of safety check on mechanical pressure relief of boiler, too.

Caporegime
No - I'm suprised std service on e61 includes removing grouphead, I replaced Bezzera hx grouphead, from pod, but it didn't have a gasket like rocket, just metal against metal.
Paranoia - would be nice to do some kind of safety check on mechanical pressure relief of boiler, too.
The kit I bought has a shim for the group head mounting but I can see why it isn't essential - it doesn't need to be sealed.

Took it apart for another inspection last night and found the leak was from the inlet this time (the lower one) - first leak was from the outlet - so I stuck about a yard of PTFE on the threads and gave it a big crank to really make sure it is tight and now we are golden.

Today I shall be drinking all the Espresso.

Pics from inside the machine:

CCRSWZ8l.jpg

IZS6eUGl.jpg

Soldato
Bit niche, but I had to order 1m of food safe tubing to replace the intake tube on my Gaggia Classic (figured I'd do it at the same time as replacing the pump). I couldn't order less, so if anyone is interested in the excess let me know and I'll stick it in the post FOC. If I've heard nothing by tomorrow night it'll go in the bin.

Back
Top Bottom