Samsung 49'' inch monitor (CRG9) release date 22 April and cost about 1.400£

Associate
Hi

Which part, the MBP charging or just the part about the thunderbolt drives? I assume though that if I bought a thunderbolt dock so the MBP went to the dock and so did the hardrives and then the dock went to the monitor that would work?

Thanks for any help.

Josh
You will need to use display port or hdmi to connect your dock to the monitor.
And that's most probably mean losing freesync and possibly hdr and the 120hz refresh rate but I guess that would work.

Associate
Hi

So usb C from the MBP to the dock. Display port from the dock to the monitor. I though using the DP still gave you 120Hz rate and it was only an issue if you used HDMI?

Thanks

Josh

Associate
Hi

So usb C from the MBP to the dock. Display port from the dock to the monitor. I though using the DP still gave you 120Hz rate and it was only an issue if you used HDMI?

Thanks

Josh

Thats true but it will depends on how the graphic card in the dock decodes the thunderbolt signal and pass it to the display port. Theoretically it should work but that might depend on the dock components.

Soldato
I have the 1080p version of this screen and I have notice a dead pixel in the last week or so(bought it in may) and I have tried rubbing it but it wont come to life. Its quite odd as I can only see it on dark colours,, light colours I cant see it at all. The dead pixel is red, so I would thought it would stick out like a sore thumb on light colours.

So today I decided to contact the site I bought it from and to my amazement they refunded me £100 and they said if I get anymore dead pixels between now and May, they will sort it.. How good is that.

Associate
I have just set mine up and I can see there is talk of a firmware update. Does anyone know where to check what firmware it has at the moment?

Soldato
Menu > Information > Current Version . Mine says m-RG949CCAA-1001.5

Looks like there is a 1004 firmware floating about but I can't find the download, also I'm not messing with mine as it seems fine :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Associate
Looks to download an .exe which isn't really handy on a Mac

What difference have you noticed? Is this firmware designed to resolve anything ?

ah i keep forgetting people use macs and other devices apart from pcs and laptop.

no not noticed any differences but they were both fine before. I just like being up to date

Back
Top Bottom