• UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters

fez

fez

Caporegime
No way that soon. I'm thinking more like 5-6 years. Look how old GTA5 is and they are still milling that.

The days of studios not milking their big games are gone. Remasters and simple re-releases are becoming more common and the Switch hasn't helped that. Once these companies get bought by large soulless companies they squeeze them dry and lose any good will they might have from their customers.

Soldato
So PS5 and all I ask is....

.... my Logitech G29 works as I had to buy a new wheel for PS4 and I was not that impressed at the time. Just could not play GT7 with a gamepad, and sorry to say GT7 does look very good, looks like the series is going back to its roots and that to me is a bonus.

GT sport on PS4 to me always felt like the single player none pro etc was left as an after thought, although hasn't stopped me enjoying all the single player content that title did receive , and as my gaming PC is showing its age , 980TI and GPUs for PC costing TBH a good chunk of money I'm fairly intrested in the PS5 offerings, I just hope my G29 works - but that wasn't the case for the G27 start of the PS4 gen .

Don
So PS5 and all I ask is....

.... my Logitech G29 works as I had to buy a new wheel for PS4 and I was not that impressed at the time. Just could not play GT7 with a gamepad, and sorry to say GT7 does look very good, looks like the series is going back to its roots and that to me is a bonus.

GT sport on PS4 to me always felt like the single player none pro etc was left as an after thought, although hasn't stopped me enjoying all the single player content that title did receive , and as my gaming PC is showing its age , 980TI and GPUs for PC costing TBH a good chunk of money I'm fairly intrested in the PS5 offerings, I just hope my G29 works - but that wasn't the case for the G27 start of the PS4 gen .

They will more than likely make you wait and then buy an adaptor, I picked up one up also and hope it works but I have the PC for most of my car sims now.

Soldato
My guess is they will just work.
I think when we moved from PS3 to PS4 there was a lot more faffing around with systems and backwards compatibility.
They have already said the DS4, VR, & Move controllers will all just work with the PS5. I've still got a couple of Madcatz Guitars I might want to use (although not the end of the world if I can't as they seem to be quite sellable).

Soldato
They will more than likely make you wait and then buy an adaptor, I picked up one up also and hope it works but I have the PC for most of my car sims now.

Ah I hope not, as that would make this a lot more expensive if the wheel /adapter is never made to work ...

Fingers crossed my existing wheel and headset all work.. : - )

Caporegime
So has it been stated yet what the majority of games are going to be getting fps wise i.e. 60 fps?

30 fps is absolutely ****

Last edited:
Caporegime
4K/60fps should be standard with the hardware available, the main thing that held this generation back is their CPU's.

To put things into perspective of how big a jump next generation is on the CPU side:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-the-playstation-5-will-compare-to-future-gaming-pcs/
Let's put the CPU comparison into practical terms. In Cinebench 15, a benchmark that tends to represent integer execution capabilities for CPUs quite well, an Athlon 5150 (1.6GHz 4-core Jaguar CPU) scores 123 points—so we'll double that for the 8-core CPU in the PS4, or 246 points. For the PS4 Pro, which is clocked at 2.13GHz, it could score about 325 points.

AMD's current second generation Ryzen 7 2700X by comparison scores 1,768 points. Even a relatively tame Ryzen 7 1700 scores 1,436 points. Third generation Ryzen should further improve performance, though we don't have all the details just yet—clockspeed and system memory bandwidth will also be important factors.

If you look at what was done this generation with the very limited CPU performance available (compared to PC at least) it's quite impressive but next generation CPU's are going to be roughly 5-6 times faster, at least.

Try PC gaming on an Athlon 5150 and see what frame-rates you get even with a high end GPU.

Last edited:
Soldato
Another 'leak' is out from IronManPS5 (get the salt prepared). These prices match the Amazon France console prices and are where you'd expect them to be.

PS5 - £449
PS5 Digital - £349
Stand - £16.99
Dualsense - £54.99
Charging Cradle - £24.99
Camera - £54.99
3D Pulse Headset - £129
Media Remote - £24.99

Soldato
4K/60fps should be standard with the hardware available, the main thing that held this generation back is their CPU's.

To put things into perspective of how big a jump next generation is on the CPU side:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-the-playstation-5-will-compare-to-future-gaming-pcs/

If you look at what was done this generation with the very limited CPU performance available (compared to PC at least) it's quite impressive but next generation CPU's are going to be roughly 5-6 times faster, at least.

Try PC gaming on an Athlon 5150 and see what frame-rates you get even with a high end GPU.

Nice find. Really helps to put it into perspective just how much faster these new CPUs will be. Hopefully Devs can utilise that power properly to advance other areas of gaming.

Another 'leak' is out from IronManPS5 (get the salt prepared). These prices match the Amazon France console prices and are where you'd expect them to be.

PS5 - £449
PS5 Digital - £349

I hope those console prices are right, might help bring sanity back to the PC market.

Soldato

PS5 - £449
PS5 Digital - £349
Stand - £16.99
Dualsense - £54.99
Charging Cradle - £24.99
Camera - £54.99
3D Pulse Headset - £129
Media Remote - £24.99
Man I would love that.
I'm sticking at digital at £449. Disc version at £549

Associate

PS5 - £449
PS5 Digital - £349
Stand - £16.99
Dualsense - £54.99
Charging Cradle - £24.99
Camera - £54.99
3D Pulse Headset - £129
Media Remote - £24.99

Be pretty happy with those prices actually still probably end up getting the non digital version though.

I wonder how much the actual games will be?

Associate
Be pretty happy with those prices actually still probably end up getting the non digital version though.

I wonder how much the actual games will be?

Should be no change in pricing structure there as has been the norm for standard edition physical games to be £40 - £50(ish) on release stemming right back to the PS1 days and beyond. I doubt it will affect current gen PS4/XB1 pricing for the near future releases next year either considering a lot of games will have forward compatibility with being PS5/SX enhanced etc, but ultimately is down to the dev to add it into the game.

Naturally, there will be a point where some devs stop developing games for PS4/XB1 and solely focus on PS5/SX and then we should see a gradual decline in pricing for games still on PS4/XB1 gen as the support is gradually dropped by other devs.

Shawrey

Associate
Digital console at £349 sounds good to me. Tbh, I’ll get it even cheaper less vat so happy days. :)

Offset that against the cost of new digital games being £60+ versus £45/£50 physical with a resell value and all of a sudden the digital console makes less sense despite its lower price point considering what is saved would be eaten up inside 3 purchases of new games..

Shawrey

Back
Top Bottom