• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5700xt or 2070 super

Soldato
I'd love a 5700xt seems great value but all the talk of driver issues has me thinking of just sticking with Nvidia and getting a 2070 super, fair bit more money though.

I have a 3700x, and the monitor is 1440p and upto 165hz.

Soldato
The Navi driver issues have been pretty much solved now. I had no problems with the one I had a couple of months ago and reports in general suggest most people's issues were fixed. The 2070S is nowhere near worth it at this point IMO. Not with new cards relatively close.

Caporegime
I found the 5700XT to be a fantastic card and probably better value with current prices. If you're hesitant then just make sure you get from somewhere that makes it easy to return.

Soldato
Thanks guys, decided to get a 1660 to do me for a while.

Good move, the 2070 supers are too expensive now because of Covid. The 5700XTs are dead end cards with no support for Dx12 Ultimate. With the next gen from both companies coming out before the end of the year getting a cheap card to hold you over is the most sensible idea.

Caporegime
I had this decision to make last year. What swung it for me is that the average FPS between the cards was very close, but the low percentiles at 1440p on the 2070S were a lot better tha the 5700XT.

I look more at those than average FPS as they are a better indication of smoother gameplay with no stutter. The 5700XT can match the performance of the 2070S, but quite often, it cannot sustain it.

Back
Top Bottom