New gaming PC completely switches off when playing games and doesn't turn back on until switched off

Associate
Hey guys, not long ago i bought a £1000+ gaming pc and was really excited to start playing it. It worked completely fine for a few months but now whenever I load up a game, even an old one 99% of the time my pc completely turns off instantly and won't turn back on until I switch it off by the plug until it has no electricity running through it. I have no issues browsing the web or watching youtube/twitch it always happens when I load a game. I am only able to seem to play games on the lowest of graphics settings such as World of warcraft on 1/10 but even then it still crashes. My specs are ryzen 7 2700x, Nvidia gforce 2070 super, ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard, Kolink KL-1000M 1000W 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply, Team Group Vulcan Z T-Force 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel. I really don't want to send it back to overclockers again as I need this PC at the moment.

Man of Honour
yeah i'd also put my money on the PSU
requiring to switch off at the plug = tripping the overcurrent protection (well hey, at least that's working lol)

Soldato
Is it me, or are we seeing quite a few threads lately about OcUK pre-built systems - having potential power related issues crashing/switching off... and all use Kolink PSUs from memory :o

Back
Top Bottom