Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Man of Honour
OP
Bit niche, but I had to order 1m of food safe tubing to replace the intake tube on my Gaggia Classic (figured I'd do it at the same time as replacing the pump). I couldn't order less, so if anyone is interested in the excess let me know and I'll stick it in the post FOC. If I've heard nothing by tomorrow night it'll go in the bin.

I'll happily pay the postage for it - i'm likely to sell the machine soon so would feel bad taking it for free :)

Gone down a bit of a rabbit hole with water, what is everyone using in their machines (high end or not) we have very hard water here. Volvic seems to be the go-to but i'm not so happy about the waste buying bottles repeatedly. Theres a guy locally that sells RO water for aquatics and drinking, thinking about getting that and re-minteralise it...

Soldato
I had a tiny little stone in one of my outpost bags a while back, but I single dose so it was easy to spot. I don't think you can reasonably expect to never get anything slip through, but that one is a beast!

My got San Fermin, Das Almas, and Pathfinder from Origin today.

I think they're my favourite roaster so far. No minimum order for free shipping, good discounts, and nice blends (so far). Plus I'm a bit of a sucker for the nice packaging.

The blue mountain I had from Dorset Coffee was...fine, certainly for the money, but not as good as the blue mountain I had from coffee direct.

Associate
I can't believe stones in beans is very common...the majority of made coffee is not single dosed and weighed out before going in the grinder, there would be bricked machines all over the place if someone in the production chain didn't have a way to exclude debris.

Soldato
whose beans were they ? you can wait until they'ved refunded your new burrs before you tell us. £40/new burrs isn't cheap ...no 3rd parties ?

I've had what was called clinker "degraded/charred coffe residue, from roaster drum that's broken away" Asda(!) gave me a voucher, since I single dose I caught it.

Soldato
I'll happily pay the postage for it - i'm likely to sell the machine soon so would feel bad taking it for free :)

Gone down a bit of a rabbit hole with water, what is everyone using in their machines (high end or not) we have very hard water here. Volvic seems to be the go-to but i'm not so happy about the waste buying bottles repeatedly. Theres a guy locally that sells RO water for aquatics and drinking, thinking about getting that and re-minteralise it...

Don't worry about the postage cost, more faff than it's worth. :) Stick a quid in a charity tin next time you see one if it'll soothe your conscience! Can you trust me your address?

Soldato

I have ended up with an Osmio Zero RO machine for our London water. Works great and remineralises the water to. Completely replaced the bottled water I used to be using for espresso and espresso tastes great with it.

I also have a Peak water jug From Kickstarter which seems very good but is a bit of a beta product.

Soldato
Nice.

Enjoying the Das Almas filter this morning, the toasted peanut flavour is strong!

Sadly I'm not going to be buying from Origin again for the forseeable as I've decided to stop supporting companies that advertise on facebook. Origin and Rave do, so they're out. 47 Degrees, Outpost, The Coffee Counter that I've checked so far, don't, so plenty of options still!

Caporegime
Nice.

Enjoying the Das Almas filter this morning, the toasted peanut flavour is strong!

Sadly I'm not going to be buying from Origin again for the forseeable as I've decided to stop supporting companies that advertise on facebook. Origin and Rave do, so they're out. 47 Degrees, Outpost, The Coffee Counter that I've checked so far, don't, so plenty of options still!

Now that you said it. It must be either recent or just because I ordered from them this week because I never seen it until last night.

Back
Top Bottom