What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
It starts off thoroughly meh and “where is this going” and transforms to becoming one of the most poignant, touching, truthful and relevant shows ever made.

The only character that I can do without is Todd, I really don’t think he added much in the later seasons.

Agreed, i only got into it recently but absolutely loved it.

The creators made another called Tuca and Bertie, but i didn't make it through the first episode.

Associate
Recently watched:
  • Spiral (French TV series - Engrenages)
  • The Veep - all seven series (started off good - the last couple of series were disappointing)
  • Decided to take a quick look at "Tiger King" - ended up watching the lot in two days
  • Colditz - series 1 (1972)
  • The Orville - series 1
  • Currently watching Narcos - on series two at the moment

Next to watch:
  • Salamander (Blood Diamonds) - series 2 (Belgian TV series)
  • Colditz - series 2 (1974)
  • The Orville - series 2

Soldato
Finished 'The Last Dance' and was a little disappointed I guess. People (in this thread maybe?) had hyped it... I thought it was okay. The story itself is kind of amazing... but surely it was a fairly normal documentary about it? I didn't like how much it jumped about time lines, but maybe that was because I was watching while working out. (Maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it as much as others did?)

Man of Honour
Get ready for lots of "oh it's that guy off...." :D

A huge springboard series for a lot of common place actors you see around these days. Even a young Tom Hardy in there at some point.

And Simon Pegg, and even Jimmy Fallon of Saturday Night Live and the Tonight Show, always makes me chuckle that Simon Pegg was in it. Incredible to think that Band of Brothers is almost 20 years old now.

Soldato
Just finished The Last Kingdom and recently watched White Lines and The Woods.

I struggle with TV series as I have a low attention span so it really has to grab my attention and the above were quite good. I don't know what to watch now, I couldn't get into Dark, or Money Heist, might try The Sinner as enjoyed the first two but I'll watch that with the Mrs tomorrow, I need a me program that I can watch when she goes to bed.

Soldato
I enjoyed Russian Doll, it was a little bit different and in short 25 minute bursts.

I've tried Band Of Brothers and have completed episode 3 but I'm thinking of giving up as it's not going anywhere, just a bit samey.

Caporegime
Just finished (new) she-ra princess of power.
Was amazing. I'd actually give it a 10/10. Best animated series I've seen in years.

Sometimes dreamworks just make an amazing animation

Also loved dragon Prince which is too dissimilar

Soldato
Up to about episode 6/7 of Life On Mars. Passed me by when it came out, for some reason youtube popped up with a trailer for it earlier this year and watched it. Thought to myself, why did I never watch this before, seemed right up my street.

First few episodes were strong, now i'm struggling, it's not bad...it's just not all that great and unsure where the huge praise comes from. I'll stick it out to the end of S1 but not sure I have it in me for another 8 episodes of this for S2 and then Ashes to Ashes.

I think it's only Genes character that has carried me this far.

Soldato
Just finished (new) she-ra princess of power.
Was amazing. I'd actually give it a 10/10. Best animated series I've seen in years.

Sometimes dreamworks just make an amazing animation

Also loved dragon Prince which is too dissimilar
I greatly enjoyed Trollhunters, another Dreamworks animated show. I actually started watching just to check it was ok for my son, then aged 7 or 8, as it was rated 12 on Netflix at the time (now a PG, not sure why it changed). But it was so good, I ended up watching the whole first season, then 2 and 3 when they were released :D

Back
Top Bottom