Tyre fitting costs

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I mean it seems a lot of hassle to buy them online and have them delivered. Then cart them to your garage, pay for fitting. But i guess if you can make a decent saving it worth it.

Might not be for all of us though.
Not much hassle is it? It would be highly unusual (never done this in quite a few hundred K of driving) to have more than 2 fitted at the same time. And ive never had a car where i cant transport 2 tyres quite easily.

Soldato
Not much hassle is it? It would be highly unusual (never done this in quite a few hundred K of driving) to have more than 2 fitted at the same time. And ive never had a car where i cant transport 2 tyres quite easily.

Thats why i said "Might not be for all of us though" as it might not be hassle for somebody else.

Soldato
I usually order mine online and they get delivered to a National Tyres store for fitting/balancing etc. I pay online, with online prices, take the car wait 30 mins then drive away. On 2 occasions the store has called me after placing my order and told me that they have the tyres already in stock and I've had them done the same day, basically using their stock for my car then replacing with the ones I've ordered the next day.

The car is currently wearing a full set of Avon ZV7s and I got them £12 per corner cheaper than Black Circles who don't offer fitting inclusive.
I thought all Tyres on Black circles was fully fitted ?

Everyone i looked at certainly is anyway.

Where are all these cheap prices online ? I can't seem to find anything under £155 for my car fully fitted. Though that is the cheapest tyres available

Associate
I ordered some Fallen FK510s from deamon tweaks last year. £46 for 225 40 18 amazing value. Paid the local garage £20 to fit them. Other half this week damaged the drivers side big chunk missing from the sidewall. So decided to get new fronts and rear. (Rears were budget)

Got charged £298 for 4 X Avon ZV7 including balance and tracking.

The next door neighbour moaned he paid £20 for a part worn saying this was expensive.

Anyway. Local guy does it for £10 here. No tracking or the like though.

Soldato
I thought all Tyres on Black circles was fully fitted ?

Everyone i looked at certainly is anyway.

Where are all these cheap prices online ? I can't seem to find anything under £155 for my car fully fitted. Though that is the cheapest tyres available

The website defaults to fitted price but you can select delivered only, well at least that's how it was when I last looked.

Caporegime
£10 is the cash in hand price.

Pay by card then £20 a corner.

If they are taking cash like that then it probably is a tax dodge. But thats the tax man's problem :p

Not really as lost revenue means losses elsewhere.

It's much like the smug **** across the road from me. He's out right to the end of his driveway partner by his side every Thursday clapping swinging side to side telling the whole street they are proud to support the NHS.

Yet he doesn't pay vat, takes cash in hand, has at least 5 family members working for him too off the books.

However that's the British way it seems. Everyone out for themselves. They call it "great" Britain when the place is a cess pit filled with ignorance and contradictions.

Soldato
Had a pair changed yesterday. He asked for £16. I gave him £20 and told him to round it up, then he gave me a bottle of wine as change. Bargain!

Soldato
Not really as lost revenue means losses elsewhere.

It's much like the smug **** across the road from me. He's out right to the end of his driveway partner by his side every Thursday clapping swinging side to side telling the whole street they are proud to support the NHS.

Yet he doesn't pay vat, takes cash in hand, has at least 5 family members working for him too off the books.

However that's the British way it seems. Everyone out for themselves. They call it "great" Britain when the place is a cess pit filled with ignorance and contradictions.

It's "great" because we are the biggest island in in the British Isles, not because we are good or the best. ;)

But yes I agree what you're saying, sick of hearing patriots spouting how patriot they are while smoking their tax dodging cigarettes.

Soldato
It's "great" because we are the biggest island in in the British Isles, not because we are good or the best. ;)

But yes I agree what you're saying, sick of hearing patriots spouting how patriot they are while smoking their tax dodging cigarettes.

Part of being British is being just a bit dodgy. We should be proud of that :p

Caporegime
Part of being British is being just a bit dodgy. We should be proud of that :p

if by dodgy you mean broke and the government printing billions of new money every second then that isn't really something to be proud of. the repercussions of which will drive a lot of people to suicide, depressions, poverty, etc. fortunately i'm financially stable however it's amazing how many people cannot see the wood for the trees.

Associate
£12 per corner round by me, but that’s if you select them as the local fitter when purchasing online from a supplier like black Circles etc. They might charge more if you just rock up with them in the boot of your car.

Soldato
£8.40 a tyre at Costco, plus they seem to do it properly. Most cheap tyre places round here just whizz the old weights off, balance it and jobs done. Costco take about 45-60 mins to do all 4 as they clean the faces of everything. The £100 off a set always helps too!

Caporegime
15 to 20 a corner including disposal is generally what they charge.

Fortunately a friend of mine runs a local Setyres and he charges me a fiver a corner, or occasionally nothing. :D

Back
Top Bottom