AdBlock doesn't work anymore on youtube?

Man of Honour
I don't block ads on YouTube but lately it has been getting crazy even on normal videos - ad at the start, get 20-30 seconds in get a double ad feature, then just as the video gets going another ad, then another ad followed by another ad around 10 seconds from the end :s it is making it hard to even watch some videos as it is interrupted so often and this isn't even those channels that upload **** to get ad revenue with a dozen ads in 10 minutes.

Associate
Something seems to have changed. I haven't seen an ad for as long as I can remember but recently been getting the "skip ad >>" button showing up only no ad actually plays. This is with uBlock and AdBlock.

Man of Honour
They are definitely changing stuff - loads of videos now I get a double feature ad (only you can skip) at the start and then just as you get into the content or an interesting point another double feature ad (where at least one you can't skip). To the point I'm just losing interest in videos and/or considering blocking ads which I try to avoid when it comes to YouTube.

Man of Honour
Even though I watch a lot of stuff on there I just don't find it justifies the cost of premium. I've subscribed to it for the odd month when they've put out the odd good original show. There would have to be a lot more features I actually used and/or a lot more quality original programming to spend more than ~£6-7/m.

Associate
Even though I watch a lot of stuff on there I just don't find it justifies the cost of premium. I've subscribed to it for the odd month when they've put out the odd good original show. There would have to be a lot more features I actually used and/or a lot more quality original programming to spend more than ~£6-7/m.
If you use a vpn to india you can get it much cheaper. I currently pay around £3 pm for family premium.

Caporegime
my adblock plus and firefox still works fine using only
Adblock Warning Removal List
Prebake - Filter Obtrusive Cookie Notices

before a video yesterday I did see a grey screen but no actual add but it had a skip add button, not seen anything since and I watched over an hour of youtube earlier.

various channels and videos

Back
Top Bottom