*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
This is literally everything I wanted from the setting, it looks incredibly atmospheric and detailed. Please just let the combat and driving be decent.

This will destroy my 2070S at 1440p:/

Soldato
Is this game meant to be played with a controller or a mouse and keyboard?

I can't do driving cars with a mouse and keyboard, need a controller, but much prefer M/K for FPS aspects, seems like a real mix of both?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Long story short it uses AI to upscale from a lower resolution image to a higher one without the performance penalty of the native higher res. Results at the moment are somewhat mixed.

Results with DLSS 2.0 are excellent and in some cases higher quality than native. See Control and Wolfenstein. Pre 2.0 the results were mixed bag for sure but nVidia has been improving it in big leaps each gen it seems.

Considering the gameplay ran on 2080Ti at 1080p at around 67fps, I'd say we might have problems:p

The stuff shown is unfinished and you can even see texture/assets pop in here and there so II'd fully expect game ready drivers and dev optimisations to be in place when the game is ready, at the moment they seem to be just showcasing what's possible with features in the game etc. It looks like proper RTX isn't even on yet but rather screen space effects, so it would be safe to assume that even DLSS is not being used in these videos.

I can't do driving cars with a mouse and keyboard, need a controller, but much prefer M/K for FPS aspects, seems like a real mix of both?

Use both. In GTA5 I had the gamepad sitting on the desk as soon as I hopped into a vehicle I picked up the pad and off I went then back to M/KB when doing stuff like shooting or moving around etc on foot. It works seamlessly in all games I have played this way.

Soldato
Is this game meant to be played with a controller or a mouse and keyboard?

Usually in games it notices what you press buttons on, so switches from a, x, y etc to, y, k, enter, so you could just pick up the pad when you enter a car. Might even be more immersing that way

Associate
The art style of this game is beautiful, the gameplay looks like anything but beautiful though. More of the same tried and tested open world formula.
I feel like the direction they've gone with the setting is doing all the heavy work. You can bet this game's going to be a PITA to run. All that pop-in..:confused:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
On this forum maybe - I'm surprised how many didn't - on other forums those aspects were a lot less well received especially the implementation of ADS scaling.

EDIT: Sometimes I get the feeling a lot more people play these games on controller on PC than actually admit it :s

I did not play with a controller. Maybe it just was not what I would class as an issue so did not even see it :)

I am. Instead of a fish, I gave you a fishing rod and threw in the fish for free ;)
Haha :D

Soldato
It is a magical technology nvidia have come up with where they can take a 240p and make it look better than native 4K according to some here :p

But being serious I do think it is a feature to have and I look forward to trying it out. I am very intrigued about the rumours of DLSS 3.0.

nor magic, it's science - sexy science

Soldato
Everything I’ve seen today has me super duper hyped. Love the look and feel of everything - I absolutely cannot wait for this to drop :D

Soldato
The art style of this game is beautiful, the gameplay looks like anything but beautiful though. More of the same tried and tested open world formula.
I feel like the direction they've gone with the setting is doing all the heavy work. You can bet this game's going to be a PITA to run. All that pop-in..:confused:

That's usually how it goes with RPGs. It seems they don't bother that much (or don't have the experience), to refine the process so it sits closer to an FPS game and since gamers are ok with it... But to me it looks decent and if you enjoyed Deus Ex, this one should be the same.

Metro Exodus can't hold 60fps with everything ON including RT, so is no wonder.

But the gameplay sections sent to Digital Foundry were 4k/30fps, but it appears RT wasn't on. :)

Caporegime
Have any of the people with press keys, gone into specifics about the bugs / issues that are responsible for the delay?

I haven't seen anything about that but the press have only been allowed to play the prologue which is probably complete and mostly bug free. It sounds like the scope of the game is massive though. There is so much detail and along with all that detail, plenty of bugs I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom