What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Does anyone know the answer to this? If I remove the Ecu connection from the alternator, would the system still charge or would there no charging at all?
What Meaker said.

Only example I have is an LS400. And the system would not charge with the ECU connector disconnected at the alternator, or even with an incorrect value on one of the pins in the connector.

Man of Honour
Does anyone know the answer to this? If I remove the Ecu connection from the alternator, would the system still charge or would there no charging at all?
There's no hard and fast rule.

Its generally one of three things
A - No alternator output
B - Fixed output at a "safe" voltage, typically 13.2v or similar
C - Full send. NB MX5s do this, with no ECU interaction they'll just sit there merrily outputting 17v

Soldato
Narrowly avoided setting fire to myself. Car always smells pretty rich but last time I drove it I thought I could smell fuel, decided to check it out as I had a new fuel filter to fit anyway. Glad I did, main hose from tanks to the fuel pump had perished and was dripping right next to the exhaust!

http://imgur.com/a/l71A3z4

Have now replaced!

Soldato
A combination of weak rods and I was running a tune, nothing drastic (174 -> 220) but in the 2014 engines they massively strengthened those rods and they would happily go up to about 300BHP.

Soldato
Narrowly avoided setting fire to myself. Car always smells pretty rich but last time I drove it I thought I could smell fuel, decided to check it out as I had a new fuel filter to fit anyway. Glad I did, main hose from tanks to the fuel pump had perished and was dripping right next to the exhaust!

http://imgur.com/a/l71A3z4

Have now replaced!

Yeah self immolation is bad ;)

Are you replacing that whole little assembly there? Does look a little corroded.

Associate
Managed to get my rebuilt 1.8T engine back in the car and running! so very happy with that after building the bottom end myself. a few minor issues now its back in being a slight water leak which im waiting on a new coolant flange and my Aux belt tensioner has grenaded itself so waiting on a new one of those before the car goes out for a proper spin.

Back
Top Bottom