• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
I don't spend all my free time on the forums and I don't just keep replying non-stop to people I don't agree with... you 'set me straight' on nothing except in your own mind (I have used forums for two decades, so I'm fine with people thinking otherwise if it shuts them up :D). Unlike some of you, I just know when to let go and stop wasting my time in fruitless and repetitive circular arguments rather than prolonging them. Hope that better explains going forward why I don't sit there mashing away at the keyboard for every reply or silly question (I'm looking at you, chuk_chuk) you guys post. :)

562.png

Soldato
The real story here is Nvidia's marketing. It's much better than AMD's. Until AMD catch up in that department their sales won't be as good as they could be.

Soldato
The real story here is Nvidia's marketing. It's much better than AMD's. Until AMD catch up in that department their sales won't be as good as they could be.

I suspect you'll find that you need a good product to market it, can't really market something you don't have for sale

Soldato
Nvidia's cards aren't that great though when you weigh up the price for the performance.

Above the RTX 2070 Super there is just diminishing returns. That card represents good value and performance imho. Along with the 5700 XT from AMD Radeon. Beyond those cards you get far less for your money. Yet the market is there and looks like it's booming even with the new much higher price tiers from Nvidia.

Soldato
LOL, that's very likely. I was thinking that the console version wouldn't be that much different yet kept a decent frame rate at higher resolutions.

I would not be surprised. As you know though, I intend to go Ampere on release :p

Of course they will they want you to buy ampere so it’s only obvious they will gimp performance on the 2080ti to get you to buy the new cards . 1080 with Ray tracing on why not 4K maybe it tanks at 4K lol.

Well I have no intention of buying any new Turing/RDNA2 GPU unless it's a good performance jump for each of the price tiers,and I am happy to wait until CDPR actually again has to do a climb down and improve performance. In the end,looking at what the IMF said yesterday,they said many stocks are very overvalued now,and have not kept up with reality,so it makes me wonder how long the current pricing structure is going to stay,if things get shaky.

Last edited:
Soldato
I suspect you'll find that you need a good product to market it, can't really market something you don't have for sale

You know exactly what I mean. I'm not getting into tribalism. Intel also good at it, most of successful companies are, especially Apple. Plenty of consumers have bought inferior products by only looking at the headlines.

A good example today, lots of stories about Nvidia being "first" to DX12 Ultimate support. Academic at the moment but great marketing. The consumer hears "Nvidia first", "new technology" keeps a positive vibe around the name of the company regardless of whether the end user understands it.

AMD are getting better at this. Few buyers research things into the depth the posters here go so that kind of positive news influences buying decisions. Most sales are made on feelings not facts unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom