**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Man of Honour
Weird its only MS One Drive with public access for all to those pics! Nevermind.

Ah, I should have noticed that. The MS One Drive service is blocked by my anti-spyware software.

I think I spotted something from your Perks!

Your missing STR Strong Back x 4 which adds 40 to Carry Weight
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Strong_Back
I am, because I couldn't fit it in and it's far less effective than Bear Arms 3 for my usage.

Gatling gun: 22.95
50 cal: 20.7
minigun: 23.4

So the total weight of my heavy guns is 110.7. Bear Arms 3 takes that down to 11.07. Saving 99.63 on my carried weight for 3 perk/stat points is a lot more effective than adding 40 to my max carry weight for 4 perk/stat points. I recently ditched one of the gatling guns, but that's still a saving of 78.98 with Bear Arms 3.

Also Portable Power x 3 which reduces PA weight by 75%! This means I can carry my 20 or so PA around with me instead of wasting stash space on them saves 200lbs stash space.
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Portable_Power
That doesn't increase max carry weight and it only reduces carried weight by 7.5 for each suit of PA that you carry around. I carry around no suits of PA, so that would just be 3 wasted perk points for me. I have 2 suits of PA. I wear one and keep the other in my stash.

This adds a bit more as well & scales with how much weapon DMG you get. The higher the Rads the greater the DMG but you die a lot in fact pretty much every single Melee encounter you die!
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Radicool

An extra 5 strength (25 max carry weight) in exchange for being almost dead from radiation. Worth a point in a bloodied build, especially a bloodied melee build, but not in a full health build.

You can get around the dying thing by using the Lifegver synergy mechanic. I don't recall the other perk or mutation required, not off the top of my head, but you could find the details online. Put the two together and your health rubberbands to your radded-up level so you can run around at 19% health and can't die unless you get killed in 1 hit or you're exposed to extreme poison or radiation damage. There is so much that synergises with a bloodied build.

This one as well improves STR a lot! I can get up to 25 STR + 22 END which helps!
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Solar_Powered
3 perk points used all the time to gain 3 str (15 max carry weight) and 3 endurance for half the time. Maybe worth it in a bloodied melee build for the extra damage and HP, but not in a full health heavy guns build.

If you want to reconfigure your Perks try those 4 for starters ;) I can get up to 530-540 carry weight on mine with high rads & low health or up to 440 with no PA equipped but remember I also have a VT University Jump suit which boosts my Stats a little as well & can be worn with other Armour.

So your higher carry weight is due to Strong Back and boosted strength. I think my choice of perks is a better one for my build and yours is better for a bloodied melee character, where strength and endurance are more important and you're not carrying loads of weight in weapons.

Man of Honour
Good question I will check it out without!

It works. I used to run around as a rifle/shotgun build and I had max Enforcer on for the crippling effect and sometimes used an explosive weapon, which I sometimes used at very close range. I was never crippled. I did manage to kill myself with my own explosive weapon, but I was never crippled. So you can save however many perk/stat points you're using for adamantium skeleton as long as you're using PA. Unless Bethesda has changed it since then.

Soldato
It works. I used to run around as a rifle/shotgun build and I had max Enforcer on for the crippling effect and sometimes used an explosive weapon, which I sometimes used at very close range. I was never crippled. I did manage to kill myself with my own explosive weapon, but I was never crippled. So you can save however many perk/stat points you're using for adamantium skeleton as long as you're using PA. Unless Bethesda has changed it since then.
I tried yesterday it works but not making much difference to me I swapped for 45% faster Action Points refresh which makes a little but not much difference. The problem with my build is its bloodied melee so I am pretty much maxxed out in what else I can change without losing the benefits of massive DMG from bloodied!

Soldato
I am, because I couldn't fit it in and it's far less effective than Bear Arms 3 for my usage.

minigun: 23.4

So the total weight of my heavy guns is 110.7. Bear Arms 3 takes that down to 11.07. Saving 99.63 on my carried weight for 3 perk/stat points is a lot more effective than adding 40 to my max carry weight for 4 perk/stat points. I recently ditched one of the gatling guns, but that's still a saving of 78.98 with Bear Arms 3.
Bear Arms is better for your build. I use it as well to get even more carry weight!

That doesn't increase max carry weight and it only reduces carried weight by 7.5 for each suit of PA that you carry around. I carry around no suits of PA, so that would just be 3 wasted perk points for me. I have 2 suits of PA. I wear one and keep the other in my stash.
I carry 20 + different suits of PA so it makes a big difference to me I cannot bear to dump them as so many hours were put into scavving the complete set of PA pieces at the same level! Then countless more hours getting fluxes for the mods like jetpacks & cal shocks!

An extra 5 strength (25 max carry weight) in exchange for being almost dead from radiation. Worth a point in a bloodied build, especially a bloodied melee build, but not in a full health build.
But the 25 becomes 40 so + 65 with the other perk card for carry weight! It all adds up!!

You can get around the dying thing by using the Lifegver synergy mechanic. I don't recall the other perk or mutation required, not off the top of my head, but you could find the details online. Put the two together and your health rubberbands to your radded-up level so you can run around at 19% health and can't die unless you get killed in 1 hit or you're exposed to extreme poison or radiation damage. There is so much that synergises with a bloodied build. I already run that for over a year! you still get killed a lot on low health!!

3 perk points used all the time to gain 3 str (15 max carry weight) and 3 endurance for half the time. Maybe worth it in a bloodied melee build for the extra damage and HP, but not in a full health heavy guns build.
My build is optimised for bloodied & hybrid UC Gatling Laser. It needs changing & most of the perks moved to be of any use for other styles of play.

So your higher carry weight is due to Strong Back and boosted strength. I think my choice of perks is a better one for my build and yours is better for a bloodied melee character, where strength and endurance are more important and you're not carrying loads of weight in weapons.
STR END & INT are the most important perk cards IME anything else is just down to play styles. My build is a PITA as you die a lot but the insane DMG is a massive benefit if you sneak as well its really effective.

I want to try a ranged sneak build next but not sure when I will get around to that as Seasons 1 is rumoured to be released 30th June!

Soldato
Soldato
Some interesting CAMPS being built recently! Check out this one!
https://cdn.bethesda.net/forum/uploads/992d5793-61af-45c7-8605-e301701f67b6.jpg
https://cdn.bethesda.net/forum/uploads/67bdee39-1483-4b0c-8f99-52ce12381068.jpg

Or this one!
https://cdn.bethesda.net/forum/uploads/e1644074-712e-493a-888a-7e6f491856df.png
https://cdn.bethesda.net/forum/uploads/de76e5aa-880c-4af8-9f32-7af1a91c2fa3.png

The trick is to build the stairs first put your CAMP structure down then remove the stairs at the end so only you or someone with a jetpack can fly into it!

Soldato
So some Reddit dudes database'd all of the plan available in the game, there's 1300 apparently! I'm missing loads!

Link to Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...GXg3RYat8k4qljPcW50tR_El8/edit#gid=1792554793

Reddit Thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/ffhdsy/plan_and_mod_database_v1_this_is_the_product_of_3/

Angry Turtle Vid
Yep & I have about 99% of them all :p;) Ultracite Calibrated Shocks are the only plan I really want now but they are not obtainable due to 0.003% drop rate & no-one appears to have got them in other a year on PC :eek:

Soldato
Yep & I have about 99% of them all :p;) Ultracite Calibrated Shocks are the only plan I really want now but they are not obtainable due to 0.003% drop rate & no-one appears to have got them in other a year on PC :eek:

Indeed, I put the T60 Legs on my Ultracite PA because I havent got the calibrated shocks for it.
And 99%? Hell I'm miles away from that.

Soldato
Indeed, I put the T60 Legs on my Ultracite PA because I havent got the calibrated shocks for it.
And 99%? Hell I'm miles away from that.
Xmas gift wrap event & the recent miners pail events provided loads of rare plans which usually do not drop more than once in 50,000 drops! :eek:

Soldato
Is X-01 the best for a bloodied build to take to SBQ and nuke zones? Thinking the extra rad resistance is useful for keeping health level in check

Not worried about carry weight or anything

Last edited:
Soldato
Is X-01 the best for a bloodied build to take to SBQ and nuke zones? Thinking the extra rad resistance is useful for keeping health level in check

T65 is best overall but you need about 8K Gold Bullion LOL! Any PA offers superior RAD protection in Nuke zones tbh. X01 & Ultractite (you can get the plans easily from a BOS mission) are best for DMG & RR if you do not have enough Gold for T65.
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Power_armor_(Fallout_76)

Last edited:
Man of Honour

The main protection of power armour is a hidden damage reduction (which is more effective than damage resistance and energy resistance) and hidden rad reduction (likewise). There is surprisingly little difference in protecive value between all power armour suits. The only slightly noticeable difference is that you'll take about 10% more damage from ballistic attacks when in excavator PA, compared with other PAs.

T-65 is the best PA in terms of protection, but don't expect significant improvement over any other set of PA. May as well use it if you're not worried about carry weight, though.

Angry Turtle did an interesting pair of videos on PAs before T-65. Got a bunch of sets, put the same skin on all of them so viewers couldn't tell which was which, ran around getting shot a lot by the same bunch of mobs. Only one set was noticeably different to the others and not by much. In the second video, he gave numbers for them all including the damage taken per hit. SH Games did two similar videos including T-65, but being hit by a supermutant behemoth to ensure a more powerful attack to answer the question of whether that mattered. Maybe any PA could shrug off low-damage attacks and T-65 would come into its own with high-damage attacks. It doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom