Serious Incident in Glasgow

Soldato
Anyone heard anything about what's currently happening in Glasgow City Centre?

Friend has told me possibly 3 dead already after 2 men ran into a building with knives :(

Soldato
'Serious' incident shuts down Glasgow city centre - BBC News

Armed police are dealing with a "serious incident" which has shut down part of Glasgow city centre.

There is a heavy police presence on West George Street with more than a dozen police vehicles at the scene.

Police Scotland have yet to confirm the nature of the incident, but a man was seen leaving a building with his hands up.

A statement from the force said the situation was "contained" and there was no danger to the general public.

Witness Craig Milroy, who saw the aftermath of the incident from an office building nearby, said he had seen four people taken away in ambulances.

He told the PA news agency: "I saw a man lying on the ground, of African descent, with no shoes on. He was on the ground with someone holding his side - I don't know if it was a bullet wound, a stab wound, or what it was."

Mr Milroy said the man was one of the four taken away by medics and believed him to be a victim of an attack.

He added: "After that we saw commotion, ambulances further up and we saw armed police all running into the hotel next to the Society Room.

"We were still standing outside, after that the police all came down, the riot police and triage team told us to go back in and lock the door."

Caporegime
Seemingly five people got stabbed, one of them a police officer. Completely anecdotal though.

Honestly, the details are sparse, just going to wait until the Chief makes a statement. If I had to make any assumptions, there's been a increase in avoidable people in the city centre since lockdown started (I imagine it's been the same everywhere) and with the temperature as it is, I imagine certain folks emotional state to be on edge. Beyond that, I won't bother speculating.

Caporegime
People putting pictures of the injured on twitter, what is wrong with some people.

I don't really get how anyone finds that acceptable, i'm sure it's some sort of addiction (I swear there's a better way to describe this but I can't find the word), however the police do tend to ask for evidence from the public for their investigation, so it's not completely immoral.

Caporegime
I don't really get how anyone finds that acceptable, i'm sure it's some sort of addiction (I swear there's a better way to describe this but I can't find the word), however the police do tend to ask for evidence from the public for their investigation, so it's not completely immoral.

They probably want the "reaction" and to be part of the story.

Soldato
Not good, will have to wait on more info.

Wonder if it is related to last week's terrorist stabbings.

It's not uncommon to have a copycat attack, it's usually another bunch of radicals that have seen/heard an attack go down, and makes them conduct an attack.

Back
Top Bottom