The peace and quiet is deafening

Soldato
What a lovely evening - just been sitting here watching butterflies - I have always seen them flipping around the garden but not tonight - Must be mating time - I have never seen them going so fast and so acrobatic.- four of them ducking and diving.
Then we have the house martins swooping everywhere - Crows squawking and birds singing.

The highlight of the night is the bypass - this must be half a mile away -banked and full grown hedges and normally we don't hear much but tonight it's Bike night. Up and down they have been and except for one they sound great -the one just makes a wail - nothing nice about it and unfortunately no Ducati's - I love those twins going full throttle - To be honest I am surprised no one on the edge of bypass hasn't rang the police.
This is the Prees bypass on A49 and on Sundays we used to get the bikers going home from the run to cafe at the island where A41 and A49 meet.
I am sure there must be a biker on here who has been there.
Been a good day all along.:D

Soldato
We had dinner down by the local river tonight, and was expecting it to be packed but there was hardly anyone there. A good 5 degrees cooler than at home, and it was beautiful.

In the background, from time to time, was a nice litre IL4 on full chat a couple of miles away on the other side. With a decent exhaust system too. Be careful with the love of a twin soundtrack, it is a short step to enjoying a diesel. :)

Soldato
I'm really enjoying the evenings in my garden. I'd not really bothered with it much up until recently but I'm now putting effort into introducing much more biodiversity - so also attracting more birds with feeders and more insects with plant varieties. I'm making a wild flower patch this weekend. It's really paying off and I never realised how therapeutic it would feel and how good it would be for me :)

Had a nice moment this evening as the sun was going down watching the fantastic variety of life whizzing around in front of me. :D

Soldato
I'm really enjoying the evenings in my garden. I'd not really bothered with it much up until recently but I'm now putting effort into introducing much more biodiversity - so also attracting more birds with feeders and more insects with plant varieties. I'm making a wild flower patch this weekend. It's really paying off and I never realised how therapeutic it would feel and how good it would be for me :)

Had a nice moment as the sun was going down watching the fantastic variety of life whizzing around in front of me. :D

From the beginning of lockdown :) ...

Soldato
From the beginning of lockdown :) ...

Really nice matey. :) Now I'm working from home full time I'm really starting to appreciate what I've been missing. Walks through the woods are great too, although they were better at the start of lockdown when it was quieter.

I like that bird bath - is it an adapted chimney pot or something?

Soldato
Cheers, just a reclaimed chimney pot with a terracotta dish on top. It needs to be regularly refilled - a single wood pigeon will empty it with one good session!
Nice, I'm sorting out a bird bath at the weekend, I've also ordered a Bee House thingy - I know it's a bit late in the year but apparently some species still breed later on. I've got south facing fence posts in the garden so should be perfect.

Just trying to make my garden as good as possible for the local ecosystem now. :)

Soldato
OP
Next doors kids are outside screaming to pop songs. I'm staying in :p

My worst nightmare -- Kids -music and barking dogs - we seem to have a long term renter next door -They are spending loads on the garden - In fact he is older than me and that's saying something.
If it wasn't so stifling out there now it would be a good night to be in the garden.

Caporegime
We had dinner down by the local river tonight, and was expecting it to be packed but there was hardly anyone there. A good 5 degrees cooler than at home, and it was beautiful.

In the background, from time to time, was a nice litre IL4 on full chat a couple of miles away on the other side. With a decent exhaust system too. Be careful with the love of a twin soundtrack, it is a short step to enjoying a diesel. :)
I need a nice river that allows camp fires :( guess none in the UK will have fire pits dotted along them though, or at least none anywhere near me.

nothing better than building a nice fire

Back
Top Bottom