Gamers, What's Your Audio Set Up?

C64

C64

Soldato
I'm using Sennheiser GSP 550 USB headphones. My only complaint is a slight background buzz so I started looking at USB soundcards, no room for an internal one in my ITX build.

G6 B-stock are back in stock so I've ordered one, hopefully it's an improvement.

I already bought the cable required, same as the GSP500/600 use. It's annoying that they don't bundle it in from the factory.
any updates i was reading the g6 just cuts out randomly ?

Soldato
My G6 arrived today.

Found out there's a problem with sidetone, it has a delay on it making it horrible to use, the sennheiser was much better. Seems they know about this issue and many people have it but they haven't fixed it.

The 7.1 mode doesn't help with positioning, someone was above me in game and it made it sound like they were right next to me. I'm trying 5.1 now which seems better.

C64

C64

Soldato
My G6 arrived today.

Found out there's a problem with sidetone, it has a delay on it making it horrible to use, the sennheiser was much better. Seems they know about this issue and many people have it but they haven't fixed it.

The 7.1 mode doesn't help with positioning, someone was above me in game and it made it sound like they were right next to me. I'm trying 5.1 now which seems better.
which game ?

Man of Honour
I see Razer have released their THX Spatial Audio software for everyone, at £20.

I'm guessing not many here have tried it as previously it only came with their own headphones/speakers. But I'm kind of curious. I may download the trial in the next couple of days.

I've not tried that incarnation but I gave their old positional audio app a whirl - it did a serviceable job but was a little lacking when it came to the small subtleties that really rounded out the presentation of positional audio of the top offerings like CMSS-3D.

Soldato
OP
I've not tried that incarnation but I gave their old positional audio app a whirl - it did a serviceable job but was a little lacking when it came to the small subtleties that really rounded out the presentation of positional audio of the top offerings like CMSS-3D.
Thanks Rroff. I might have a look around the web and see if anyone has done a comparison between the different releases.

C64

C64

Soldato
COD:MW

I turned off all the enhancements and it's helped with the sidetone delay, it's almost zero now.
Cods audio is bad you'll get the same direction confusion in stereo
i get this thing in it where audio direction can follow my mouse movement and look direction
say i hear a sound to my right if i quickly turn left the sound will also move

Soldato
Cods audio is bad you'll get the same direction confusion in stereo
i get this thing in it where audio direction can follow my mouse movement and look direction
say i hear a sound to my right if i quickly turn left the sound will also move

Yea it is poor, seems to work better in stereo mode.

Overall it is an upgrade from the GSP550's own little box, which could struggle to fully drive them and had a slight background buzz, the G6 had loads more power.

Soldato
OP
Does anyone know what the story with EPOS is? As best I can figure out, they're a gaming (and corporate too, apparently) audio company formed by Demant, who had been partnering with Sennheiser. It looks like Sennheiser have sold their "gaming dept" and EPOS/Demant will be selling Sennheiser's existing gaming headsets under their own brand, and developing their own products too. The first of these is due to debut in October.

I know most here use headphones rather than headsets anyway, but I gather some of the Senn headsets were reasonably well thought of. Looks like the GSX will be an EPOS product from now on as well.

Back
Top Bottom