Steam Summer Sale 2020

Associate
Steam sales have been bad ever since they introduced refunds in 2014? You can get the games cheaper at any time of the year on sites like cdkeys or fanatical.

I think PS console sales are now better than steam sales.

Soldato
I've gone for -

MotoGP20 - £23.99
NBA2K20 - £5.99
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - £3.29 to get the £5 off.

(Or I'm trying to. It doesn't seem to want to let me pay!)

MotoGP20 is not very good IMO and I paid less than that on day of release from CDkeys, actually its cheaper on cdkeys now.

Metro Exodus for 15 quid. Been on my list a while and nicely timed for a new shooter as I was getting bored of The Division.

I loved the game but could not finish it as the version of Gamepass just kept crashing from the halfway point :( I'd buy it on Steam if I knew that version was more stable.

Soldato
Tempted ny Wolcan, but quite a few bad reviews but the devs seam active.

I've been following it since release. There's a lot of issues with it atm. They have a patch to fix broken things next month and a content patch for end game at the end of the year, but we don't know whether it'll be any good or not. News is often empty promises and reminders about things are being worked on.

It has a lot of potential but with only 25% off and still no major patches yet I would wait for the Christmas sale and hopefully get it then with the big updates and a bigger discount.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I've been following it since release. There's a lot of issues with it atm. They have a patch to fix broken things next month and a content patch for end game at the end of the year, but we don't know whether it'll be any good or not. News is often empty promises and reminders about things are being worked on.

It has a lot of potential but with only 25% off and still no major patches yet I would wait for the Christmas sale and hopefully get it then with the big updates and a bigger discount.

Thankyou , I will with Grimdawn then :)

Soldato
I picked up Remnant from the Ashes which I've played for a few hours tonight and it's excellent.

I've not had a gaming PC for years so my first Steam Sale for as many years, although with likes of CDKeys the sale doesn't seem as good.

Soldato
Us Boomers remember the "Going out of business Steam sales"...

AAA games, not that old getting 90% discounts in a flash sale with indie games going for literally pennies.

What a time to be alive they were.

Soldato
MotoGP20 is not very good IMO and I paid less than that on day of release from CDkeys, actually its cheaper on cdkeys now.

Not really, it's £22.99 on CDKeys, if you account about £3 of the £5 off to MotoGP, then it's cheaper. Also, I'm loving it! Recommended by a friend as being a big step up on previous versions and I'm really enjoying it. I've not played a lot of bike games previously, I never thought they felt right, but the controls in this just seem to work for me. Maybe I didn't try hard enough before.

Soldato
Not really, it's £22.99 on CDKeys, if you account about £3 of the £5 off to MotoGP, then it's cheaper. Also, I'm loving it! Recommended by a friend as being a big step up on previous versions and I'm really enjoying it. I've not played a lot of bike games previously, I never thought they felt right, but the controls in this just seem to work for me. Maybe I didn't try hard enough before.

Ok, it was £19.99 when I got it but I really didn't like it, maybe like you I haven't tried hard enough. I have seen quite a lot of patches for it since release though maybe they have improved things.

Associate
Just a heads up that if you have Xbox Game Pass then make sure you check if it's already free or not on Xbox store before you buy it on Steam in case that affects your decision to buy it.

Thats a good point. I bought a Plague Tale and only just seen it was on game pass. Just waiting for a refund now.

Associate
Kind of tempted by Doom Eternal but the whole Denuvo anti-cheat debacle has put me right off. I know they've disabled it but who's to say they won't bring it back later?

What's this anti cheat thing? I ask out of curiosity, but i only play single player. is it "always online only play" kind of deal?

Still, as much as loved the 2016 game, the new one doesn't appear to draw me in enough to warrant more than a £15 purchase for it. Though i wouldn't be surprised when i do get to play it i'll be thinking, "yeah i could have just bought that on release at £50 and been happy".

I think PS console sales are now better than steam sales.

Do you know how PS compares to Xbox Live, when ignoring the Game Pass. I haven't touched my xbox in years, but the sales always seemed lackluster to me. If PSN is better than Steam, a PS5 may tempt me again.

Sonic 2 - 99p
It was £4.

Nothing else on my wishlist is on sale. I just bought Halo at 30 quid, so that'll so for the moment.

I didn't get any notifications of the games on my wishlist, so foolishly thought there wasn't much on sale. I took a browse last night, and damn, i literally missed out on a small discount on Halo MCC with the 20% and the additional fiver off.

I want to stock up on some games as there's a good few now i see that are discounted nicely, but i just know i'll never get round to playing them and buy something else later on. Christmas isn't too far away (sorry for the blasphemy there), and we'll see another sale come then anyway.

Back
Top Bottom