**** Official Fallout 76 Thread ****

Soldato
ah that's good to know, so it's really just fashionframes at the endgame. Starting the slow grind to get the SS armour set unlocked.

Soldato
The main protection of power armour is a hidden damage reduction (which is more effective than damage resistance and energy resistance) and hidden rad reduction (likewise). There is surprisingly little difference in protecive value between all power armour suits. The only slightly noticeable difference is that you'll take about 10% more damage from ballistic attacks when in excavator PA, compared with other PAs.

T-65 is the best PA in terms of protection, but don't expect significant improvement over any other set of PA. May as well use it if you're not worried about carry weight, though.

Angry Turtle did an interesting pair of videos on PAs before T-65. Got a bunch of sets, put the same skin on all of them so viewers couldn't tell which was which, ran around getting shot a lot by the same bunch of mobs. Only one set was noticeably different to the others and not by much. In the second video, he gave numbers for them all including the damage taken per hit. SH Games did two similar videos including T-65, but being hit by a supermutant behemoth to ensure a more powerful attack to answer the question of whether that mattered. Maybe any PA could shrug off low-damage attacks and T-65 would come into its own with high-damage attacks. It doesn't.

I think they cannot just make a blanket statement they are all similar :rolleyes: as so much depends on your playstyle, build & mutations. In my experience with a Bloodied Build T65 is way ahead you hardly ever die but in Excavator you die a lot. So much depends on perks & mutations. T65 hardly ever needs repairing IME its godlike!! But carry weight is a big issue :(

Soldato
I think they cannot just make a blanket statement they are all similar :rolleyes: as so much depends on your playstyle, build & mutations. In my experience with a Bloodied Build T65 is way ahead you hardly ever die but in Excavator you die a lot. So much depends on perks & mutations. T65 hardly ever needs repairing IME its godlike!! But carry weight is a big issue :(

I agree, the Excavator is clearly the weakest in my playtesting. At times its not even close and as I don’t run with the Blocker perk melee damage can be devastating. Fog Crawlers, Mirelurk Kings and Stingwings can basically 1 hit me in Excavator.

I only carry the Excavator on me when I hit carry weight issues otherwise I’m in Ultracite with X01 or T60 legs.

Soldato
RNG gods finally smiled on me earlier made a 3* Bloodied Gauss Shotgun but even then I might just scrip it the DMG is pretty weak unless your very low health !

Man of Honour
ah that's good to know, so it's really just fashionframes at the endgame. Starting the slow grind to get the SS armour set unlocked.

It's not entirely just fashionframes. There's some difference. Just nowhere near as much as the displayed damage resistance numbers due to the main protection in PA coming from the undisplayed damage reduction numbers. That's also why PA gives far more protection than unpowered armour when the displayed resistance numbers are the same.

RNG gods finally smiled on me earlier made a 3* Bloodied Gauss Shotgun but even then I might just scrip it the DMG is pretty weak unless your very low health !

If you have the space it might be worth keeping it to see what happens regarding the current bugs. Currently, shotguns perform very differently depending on whether or not you're using VATS. That's probably not intentional.

Do you have a shotgun build now? I thought you were melee.

Soldato
Well I've finally got my 'Holy Trinity' of Bloodied Explosive rifles. Already had a Fixer and Handmade but have been searching for ages for a Lever Action which finally dropped today for me, from a 2* Radrat ffs...:rolleyes:

G2TXc8f.jpg

Soldato
Noooo! I'll take it! What do need / want?

Edit: ignore missed it was a Shotgun, thought Id read rifle
Unfortunately you cannot trade weapons you made yourself with LEG modules for some weird reason! Its a good weapon but only boosts to 1097 per shot with a Bloodied build & the ammo useage is insane so I will probably scrip it tomorrow instead!

Soldato
It's not entirely just fashionframes. There's some difference. Just nowhere near as much as the displayed damage resistance numbers due to the main protection in PA coming from the undisplayed damage reduction numbers. That's also why PA gives far more protection than unpowered armour when the displayed resistance numbers are the same.

If you have the space it might be worth keeping it to see what happens regarding the current bugs. Currently, shotguns perform very differently depending on whether or not you're using VATS. That's probably not intentional.

Do you have a shotgun build now? I thought you were melee.
Still melee but I can swap perk cards around I have about 70 spare still despite using 12 in the last few days! The ammo useage is insane not sure I will keep it anymore takes forever to get the fluxes!!

Soldato
Still melee but I can swap perk cards around I have about 70 spare still despite using 12 in the last few days! The ammo useage is insane not sure I will keep it anymore takes forever to get the fluxes!!

Drop the Hardened receiver on it then you don’t need Fluxes for the Ammo. Also don’t forget to equip Super Duper perk in Luck when crafting ammo.

Soldato
Just hit lvl 50 and can try out the bloodied powerfist. It's wrecking everything already and the build has a long way to go. Mix of lvl 40/50 non legendary armor and missing some perks I'm at

damage 1057
dr 314
er 285
rr 48

Soldato
Drop the Hardened receiver on it then you don’t need Fluxes for the Ammo. Also don’t forget to equip Super Duper perk in Luck when crafting ammo.
I have almost maxxed it now DMG wise it reaches about 1200 DMG per shot but health is so low its not really good for all enemy types only in certain situations so like they said in Aliens "I like to keep this handy for close encounters"! :p;)

Soldato
So 1 star Bloodied Plasma Caster new heavy gun meta?

Just watched Captainoob's vid on Earle. 5,000 ec rounds for that amount of damage, haha

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The ultimate ultra rare plan finally! 1 in 500,000 is the rarity of this sucker :eek::p;)

Some players have grouped together to provide a service you might appreciate (and which should be in game) - the Plan Mule. The Mule holds one copy of every plan that exists and can be obtained legitimately. If you arrange it with the group, you can meet the Mule and examine their inventory to see what plans you don't already know and take screenshots of those plans. I don't know how to set up a meeting, but details are in one of Angry Turtle's recent videos:

I'm tempted, but it's too much fuss and human interaction for me. It really should be in the game, but Bethesda aren't up to making a game without modders to fix all the bugs and provide all the basic features that should already be in the game.

There are ~1300 plans legitimately obtainable in the game. I expect I'm missing a couple of hundred that I didn't even know existed.

Soldato
Some players have grouped together to provide a service you might appreciate (and which should be in game) - the Plan Mule. The Mule holds one copy of every plan that exists and can be obtained legitimately. If you arrange it with the group, you can meet the Mule and examine their inventory to see what plans you don't already know and take screenshots of those plans. I don't know how to set up a meeting, but details are in one of Angry Turtle's recent videos:

I'm tempted, but it's too much fuss and human interaction for me. It really should be in the game, but Bethesda aren't up to making a game without modders to fix all the bugs and provide all the basic features that should already be in the game.

There are ~1300 plans legitimately obtainable in the game. I expect I'm missing a couple of hundred that I didn't even know existed.
Thanks I saw that a few days ago but like you way too much interaction for me to bother with! I reckon I have 99%+ of all plans now anyway :p;)

I am so happy I finally got the Ultracite Calibrated Shocks I do not think there is another plan I want (apart from T60 right arm I have the other 5 x T60 PA plans now. This is once again an ultra rare drop but some players on my friends list mine the events on alts constantly to get the plans to sell) or need anymore now I have pretty much everything except for a few from the recent miners pail event but I do not like the look of them or stuffed animals either so will pass on the plans for sale for big caps!

Lets see what Legendary Season 1 brings today let the patch size guessing game begin :eek::)

Soldato
  • Punji Boards: Can no longer be stacked on top of each other.
Hopefully some more inventive camp traps. Died to a punji board trap camp the first time I saw one, was pretty funny. Someone nab my junk and emoted love hearts.

Back
Top Bottom