MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Associate
would Team Group 8Pack Edition 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit be ok for this i thing its samsung dye

I have this stuff it's similar, but I have no idea how different it is lol I'm running mine at 1:1 with If at 1900 and men speed at 3800 CL 14 15 14 28 1t GDM enabled.

Brilliant ram and an amazing board.

TEAM GROUP XTREEM "8PACK EDITION" 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600MHZ QUAD CHANNEL KIT - BLACK

Caporegime
Got my MSI X570 Unify board yesterday (basically the same as the Tomahawk but apparently a bit better featured) and built it in record time. Holy crap it's amazing how much easier building desktops is nowadays, the cases are just so intelligently designed, unlike the steel coffin and spaghetti junction cable management I was used to 10 years ago before I started buying gaming laptops.

The board seems decent, installed windows from USB, detected everything without a hassle, tons of connectivity options and the temps are also good. Had no issues with my 32GB Gskill DR 3600 RAM.

Havent tried overclocking my 3300x yet as I bought a Scythe Mugen 5 Rev B and it performs excellently, keeping the CPU at full boost when needed. It's so much faster than my old 7700HQ that it's not even funny, games are so much smoother and minimum framerate so much higher. The MSI BIOS is a bit fiddly to find things but no real problems with it so far, the mouse works smoothly and the BIOS updater works well.

It's funny when I see all the people write: "I wouldn't buy an X570 as it has chipset fan", because ironically, as others have mentioned, the only time the chipset fan spins up is at boot for 10 secs and then it never turns on no matter what I am doing. The default profile is very strict for the chipset fan so it never spins and stays around 50c. It's a non-issue.

I'm happy I bought the Unify when I got the chance ptherwise I'd have been waiting weeks... so nice to have a desktop again. Roll on Zen3 and Ampere. :)

Associate
Well very pleased with the X570 Tomahawk been great so far also as it was posted above: would Team Group 8Pack Edition 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit be ok for this i thing its samsung dye, I can say yes because that's what I'm using I have also used a calculator to get some nice timings and then combining this all with my 3950X I can say it's all been a worthwhile upgrade.
sW39L0N

Associate
Anyone found a way to disable the fans spinning at 100% when you turn your system on or off?

What bios do you have? I've got v113 that's no longer available to download, also 114 beta just got taken off. I've got it but not installed that one yet. I'll wait till the finished one is out. It may be bios. As I think v113 said something about smart fan functionality or something along those lines.

Associate
I've been told the 10th is the eta on these Boards.
Can't wait. I am surrounded by all the parts, waiting on the motherboard!!

With a bit of luck we'll get them on the 10th so will be able to build over the weekend. Otherwise, I'll have to take the following Monday off. :p

Associate
What bios do you have? I've got v113 that's no longer available to download, also 114 beta just got taken off. I've got it but not installed that one yet. I'll wait till the finished one is out. It may be bios. As I think v113 said something about smart fan functionality or something along those lines.
Still on the BIOS the board was shipped with - saw the beta versions go up but thought I'd wait.

Next bios needs to include disabling wifi in the bios and something that stops the fans ramping with power is turned on

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Running on beta BIOS v115 here now. It seems to have shifted a couple of things around under the memory timings pages. Nothing particularly obviously altered though. And I didn't see an onboard WiFi disable setting yet.

Associate
Loving the board so far, performance is great. Word to the wise though - Dragon Centre is legit malware, it totally ***** the LAN adaptors, MSI should be bloody ashamed of themselves for allowing it to even be downloaded.

Back
Top Bottom