Shower tray bedding

Associate
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to lay a new light-weight shower tray (polyurethane) in my bathroom.

In the instructions it states i should use sand and cement (5:1 stiff mix).

Does anyone know of an off the shelf (mix in the bucket) product i can buy from a local DIY store, so i dont have to buy an mix the sand & cement myself? (My bathroom space is rather limited and the tray is only 900x760).

Thanks,
Tucker

Soldato
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to lay a new light-weight shower tray (polyurethane) in my bathroom.

In the instructions it states i should use sand and cement (5:1 stiff mix).

Does anyone know of an off the shelf (mix in the bucket) product i can buy from a local DIY store, so i dont have to buy an mix the sand & cement myself? (My bathroom space is rather limited and the tray is only 900x760).

Thanks,
Tucker

Would it actually be the end of the world if you used a pre-mixed brick mortar mix? (Which is readily available as a "Just add water" product)

Perhaps not 5:1, but I wouldn't have thought it would make a huge difference to the final result.

Having said that. When I installed a lightweight tray, the instruction was to glue it down to a wood base with evo-stick. The Cement/Mortar screed was more for the synthetic marble type that are far more ridged and just need to be evenly supported rather than actively stuck down.

Back
Top Bottom