Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
Does anyone else find that their game tends to freeze and then ultimately go back to desktop with a Ryzen 3000 chip? Looked on the Bungie forums and it seems to be a new bug, tried the latest chipset drivers (was on the one before that) but tends to crash fairly often, certainly struggle to play for more than 30 mins without it crashing.

Associate
Does anyone else find that their game tends to freeze and then ultimately go back to desktop with a Ryzen 3000 chip? Looked on the Bungie forums and it seems to be a new bug, tried the latest chipset drivers (was on the one before that) but tends to crash fairly often, certainly struggle to play for more than 30 mins without it crashing.

Has been occurring on various Nvidia drivers for both my 1060 and 1080Ti in 2 different PCs for years now. I don't think it's limited to the Ryzen chips.

Soldato
I'm surprised the PC version doesn't look much better if at all than PS4, obviously much higher frame rate but the graphics options seem quite limited.

Associate
Has been occurring on various Nvidia drivers for both my 1060 and 1080Ti in 2 different PCs for years now. I don't think it's limited to the Ryzen chips.

Ive played about 30 hours last month or so and never noticed a crash. Im on Ryzen 3700 with 2700super.

Thanks, I read a few posts on the Bungie forums with people suggesting it was an issue with the Ryzen chips, that's what made me suggest it.

Soldato

I'm on a Ryzen 2700X, but yes I get this - not sure if it's the CPU. my GPU (Vega 64), or something else!

Soldato

3700x here and no problems.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Hopefully we have a return of the 'Kill `10 elite Hive' bounty where you can just run down into that room and kill the three strong ones!

Haha those were the days, I remember running into them a bit to soon and waaay under leveled. Just had ??? by their health bars, safe to say I got one shotted :D

3700x here to and no problems, but I do get a very stuttery tower, been happening for a couple of months now since one of the updates, used to be smooth before. Doesn't really bother me to much because I'm only there 5 mins at a time. Rest of the game is fine.

Soldato
OP
Haha those were the days, I remember running into them a bit to soon and waaay under leveled. Just had ??? by their health bars, safe to say I got one shotted :D

3700x here to and no problems, but I do get a very stuttery tower, been happening for a couple of months now since one of the updates, used to be smooth before. Doesn't really bother me to much because I'm only there 5 mins at a time. Rest of the game is fine.

And then once you're high enough level it's literally 3 shots with the Sword Breaker or Ballerhorn then rinse and repeat.

D1 is probably one of my favourite games of all time. Super excited to run Vault of Glass again and mess up Aethon's day. I can remember being the envy of all my friends having the Vex Mythlocast drop 2 weeks running :D. Though it took me MONTHS doing multiple raids with all 3 characters to get my first Gjallerhorn. So swings and roundabouts

"SHOOT THE ****** ORACLES GUYS"

jpm

jpm

Associate
D1 is probably one of my favourite games of all time. Super excited to run Vault of Glass again and mess up Aethon's day. I can remember being the envy of all my friends having the Vex Mythlocast drop 2 weeks running :D. Though it took me MONTHS doing multiple raids with all 3 characters to get my first Gjallerhorn. So swings and roundabouts

I never got the Mythoclast :eek: run it loads of times even the 390 version lol Loved doing the challenge on the oracles, each player gotta kill one then taking Atheon down one phase using sleeper stimulant. Good times indeed.

Finally got the Ghally doing Crota with a mate and a lfg group, safe to say the salt was flowing after that dropped :D

Miss being the sword bearer in that raid.

Soldato
OP
I never got the Mythoclast :eek: run it loads of times even the 390 version lol Loved doing the challenge on the oracles, each player gotta kill one then taking Atheon down one phase using sleeper stimulant. Good times indeed.

Finally got the Ghally doing Crota with a mate and a lfg group, safe to say the salt was flowing after that dropped :D

the Vex M was great in PvP but I preferred to keep the Horn for PvE and run either Fatebringer, vision of confluence or Fang of ir Yut as primaries. There were so many good guns in that game.

black hammer, pre-nerf, was an absolute beast for killing Atheon as was unlimited critical hits! Aha I’d say most my raids were LFG. Met lots of cool people. Ran CE hard 3 times with one group one night, they were Americans and where it was so late local time they kept hearing me fall asleep during the final encounter. They saw the funny side!

Soldato

Got mine from the first chest when you drop down into the Abyss.. Used to love the exotic farm at that spot. :)

I still have the video of one of our Atheon runs. Still remember Parsnips utterly derp grenade throw that completely missed the Praetorian.

Don't forget the "Ice Breaker", it was the go to for so many encounters. Loved the Mythoclast, the sound it made shooting was awsome.

Ah Ice Breaker & Cerberus Vae III strike (Whether we wanted to or not, we have stepped into a war with the Cabal..). All three hiding under the stairs taking pot shots at the boss waiting for Ice Breaker to regen...

Associate
My friend and I are playing this now. We found it difficult to figure out where to start. Finally found some guides saying to start with the Red War campaign then to go onto the other legacy ones. This is correct right?

Apart from the story missions what else can we do to level up and get better gear?

We randomly started this raid with a golden temple but realised it was for 6 people, any idea how we team up with other people to complete it?

Or can anyone provide a list of things we can do as it's a bit confusing for new players! Cheers

Back
Top Bottom