15 police officers hurt in brixton overnight

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Cultural traits are likely to be those that lead to an increased propensity for crime.

Ok let's see, how do I put this? I don't have a life altering alcoholic problem, I don't uncomfortably stare, have an incomprehensible head bobble or go all buck wild with a stick over minor disputes. My "integration" in this society was decent due to a stable home environment, others like me have not been so fortunate.

Perhaps the issue is more to do with the different paths immigrants take and the specific aspects of cultural integrations? I'll add a disclaimer, I don't fully know what would relate to the dishonorable behaviour of certain areas of the UK, you could twist it quite easily to identify poor monitoring of television media influencing childhood behaviour and aspirations as the cause if you really wanted too.

To define as you have would mean every descendent of the African continent who participate in foreign law enforcement have "an increased propensity for crime" too? Or just some.

Edit: I will add that this particular incident seems to have arisen from rallying off the back of a faux hippie political movement, using it as an excuse to blow the valve a little after a bit of global cabin fever.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . there are clearly cultural and physiological links that allow us to define race as a measurable characteristic. . . .
What? Like measuring the size of the nose? I am sure that that sort of measurement was used by some group of people at some time in the mid 20th Century.

Remind me as to the background of the exponents of that means of determining race? What happened to them? :rolleyes:

Caporegime
To define as you have would mean every descendent of the African continent who participate in foreign law enforcement have "an increased propensity for crime" too? Or just some.

Edit: I will add that this particular incident seems to have arisen from rallying off the back of a faux hippie political movement, using it as an excuse to blow the valve a little after a bit of global cabin fever.

Clearly it's just some. As you've pointed out different paths of cultural integration are the key. Some of these people are retaining or more likely developing a specific culture that is vile. Or perhaps embracing some of the worst aspects of British culture? Either way, as stated and as backed up by every crime survey going, young black males are the most likely in this country and I believe most Western countries to commit a crime.

And as for your edit, just taking Brixton alone, what about the last 5 riots there? This one has nothing to do with politics and resulted from people taking over a street for a party that they had no right to do. They then didn't like it when the police asked them to go away.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
And the reason you take from that is the simplistic causation being their continental ancestorial ingrained culture?

I've no knowledge of those riots so can't really comment, but I do know brixton and could comfortably wager white people of non-colour & asian friends were involved too.

Soldato
My late father was at that riot. He was a police officer and had bricks and petrol bombs thrown at him. I was in a south London hospital at the time as a 12yr old with appendicitis. I was told afterwards by my mum that rioters were trying to storm the hospital and they had to get police defend it. I guess the hospital must have offended the rioters in some way.

Bloody hell :eek:

Hope your family got through it ok.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I have.
It's worse in SC then in here :D
Yes, I never usually post in SC but it felt an appropriate place for that rant and discussion - unfortunately I was suspended pretty much straight away and by the time I was able to reply any resurrection attempt would have been fruitless, I don't understand what makes SC different to GD at all :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, I never usually post in SC but it felt an appropriate place for that rant and discussion - unfortunately I was suspended pretty much straight away and by the time I was able to reply any resurrection attempt would have been fruitless, I don't understand what makes SC different to GD at all :confused:

It's because mods can ban people from there and delete threads at will...
Oh..and give no holidays to people like they do in here.

Caporegime
And the reason you take from that is the simplistic causation being their continental ancestorial ingrained culture?

I've no knowledge of those riots so can't really comment, but I do know brixton and could comfortably wager white people of non-colour & asian friends were involved too.

The earlier Brixton riots were hugely black centric. No whites. No Asians. You say you don't know of them and can't comment then you go ahead and comment anyway?

Can you not also perceive how in a black majority area that their culture may pass on to others?

Soldato
The earlier Brixton riots were hugely black centric. No whites. No Asians. You say you don't know of them and can't comment then you go ahead and comment anyway?

Can you not also perceive how in a black majority area that their culture may pass on to others?
'Their culture'. Like a virus?

Caporegime
Do you not think its inappropriate to tar everyone with the same brush - it sounds like your saying that black culture is the cause.

Nobody has said that. I suggest you try reading more than one post in a conversation. And to add, who gives a crap about inappropriate when you have mass groups of people damaging public property and assaulting police officers?

Back
Top Bottom