Has anyone here owned a Fiat 500 or Ford KA mk2

Soldato
Confused as to which car you're having which issues with. **EDIT** Didn't realise they shared a platform.

Fiat 500 gearbox bearing failure is very common, happened on ours. Paid circa £1000 including cambelt, front arm and an MOT. The car was 7 odd years old at the time as has cost very little to maintain prior to this, so I can't really complain.
The airbag issue we had was fixed as a recall, but was during the warranty period tbf.

Struts going, well again all cars need them replacing at some point. Cambelt is a service item so again expected.

Last edited:
Associate
It a fault again something to do with the air bag system..

Seems to happen after a hard rain fall, Water or dampness is getting to something

Fords said it might be the battery which made me go in to limp mode. I've since swapped it for a proper stop/start instead of the Halfords one that was in it. At least these cars are easy to work on.

It's getting a major service and cam belt tomorrow, so I'll find out how my struts are ^^ I can see there is surface rust on the fronts but backs seem okay.

The rear section of the exhaust leading to the silencer isn't looking too healthy, but don't think it's blowing. Mine is a 62' plate with 61,500 miles.

Soldato
Garage Labour rates here are normally around £85 p/h ZvhV3qa.jpg

Go to an independent, I used Guernsey Service Centre on an older car which I no longer took to the dealer due to their hourly rate. They're based down near the old Quayside and do a cracking job, with courtesy car provided, at £55 an hour (if I remember rightly).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom