• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

G-Sync setup help

Man of Honour
Where is the option in control panel to cap fps?
I've been struggling to cap fps in games tried rivatuner and couldn't get it to work for some reason.

It's in the Nvidia control panel under the "Manage 3D Settings" tab. For me (non RTX driver) it's the 13th option down, just under the "Low Latency Mode". You have to enable it then you can select the max fps using a slider.

Soldato
Where is the option in control panel to cap fps?
I've been struggling to cap fps in games tried rivatuner and couldn't get it to work for some reason.

Have you got Afterburner and RTSS both on in the background?

sfN5TN8.png

That is where i set it and then i just leave it running in the background. Never had issues with it so be interesting to know what your cause is if you ever figure it out.

Soldato
Have you got Afterburner and RTSS both on in the background?

sfN5TN8.png

That is where i set it and then i just leave it running in the background. Never had issues with it so be interesting to know what your cause is if you ever figure it out.

Tried that i wanted it capped at 160 just below and i still had horriblness in Skyim so tried 90 so i could clearly see the numbers and it was still maxing out my 165hz.
Nvidia control works so im going to use that.

Permabanned

Yea i always have both Triplebuffering and VSYNC off in games and only gsync on and vsync on in the Nvidia panel. Blurbusters actually said that having vsync off can sometimes rarely cause something weird i do not understand where you can somehow end up with more latency than with it off. Blurbusters documentation im sure says to do the above.

@Things change I've changed

Yep artifacts when vsync is off in Nvidia control panel is what i see too, It is frames merging i think it only stops with vsync on in Nvidia panel. That way with DSR i get my screen free of artifacts.

Associate
Tried that i wanted it capped at 160 just below and i still had horriblness in Skyim so tried 90 so i could clearly see the numbers and it was still maxing out my 165hz.
Nvidia control works so im going to use that.

Skyrim and all Bethesda creation engine games have issues with g-sync and high refresh rates and work best with g-sync disabled and at 60 fps , yes their are hacks and work around's but generally Creation engine games run like crap and are far removed from a smooth experience.

Permabanned
Skyrim and all Bethesda creation engine games have issues with g-sync and high refresh rates and work best with g-sync disabled and at 60 fps , yes their are hacks and work around's but generally Creation engine games run like crap and are far removed from a smooth experience.

Save a lot. I played Skyrim at 120hz with Mighty Dragons etc and i died to a kettle. When i got my first 1000g horse i went over rocky terrain and shot up to the skybox, And fell and lost the damm horse. I stole another went to that first place where the guy in the tomb is scaring the villagers? Anyways while talking to the innkeeper i could hear a comotion, Growling so i went outside and a frickin bear had killed my horse. ***** Horses!

Also on topic i added two further changes to my Gsync settings now, First is right clicking a game exe and settings fullscreen optimizations to OFF, Google that one. And second is i only tick use fullscreen Gsync not fullscreen and windows. This plus my Low Latency Ultra mode and an fps cap 3 below the refresh rate feels AMAZING.

Hands down the above at 280hz is the best thing i experienced on PC to date. Everything is snappy and stutter and tearing free and i only have one frame of lag at 4ms.

Back
Top Bottom