YouTube Music Premium

Soldato
yes shuffle and repeat are missing. I've also noticed the library lists arent cached, so it takes an AGE to scroll through if you've got a lot of uploaded music. Looking on reddit, there's quite a few UI issues google need to sort out. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I just had a browse on Reddit, is the below actually true? If so then that's me out. When lockdown is over and I'm commuting on the tube I need to have an offline switch! :confused: Crazy...
  • No offline mode switch.
  • Uploads and streaming songs are split into two different libraries, not merged.

Soldato
I just had a browse on Reddit, is the below actually true? If so then that's me out. When lockdown is over and I'm commuting on the tube I need to have an offline switch! :confused: Crazy...
  • No offline mode switch.
  • Uploads and streaming songs are split into two different libraries, not merged.
Seems so from what I can see. Google’s ditching of google play music and its insistence on YouTube music is seriously making me want to look to the fruit themed alternative..

Soldato
lol YTM is so gash. I'm trying to give it a go but it just does my nut. What's the point in subscribing to artists? You end up with them filling up your (main) YouTube subscriptions. I don't care about videos for artists; funnily enough I just want to listen to them! :mad:

O8Q80as.png

I woke up this morning and wanted to listen to some Metallica (or at least their Ennio Morricone intro music and then the first few songs from S&M or Live ****). How hard do they make it? Honestly putting some stupid YT fan-uploaded videos above the videos in my library? What? Are they smoking crack? The whole thing is ridiculous. 3 extra clicks to find a proper album in my library.

I see Spotify have just launched Premium Duo for £12.99/month. That's less than my current lifetime deal of £7.99/month for GPM and has the benefit of Duo Mix (like Family Mix) which will help stop the arguments about music when cooking etc.

Soldato
OP
lol YTM is so gash. I'm trying to give it a go but it just does my nut. What's the point in subscribing to artists? You end up with them filling up your (main) YouTube subscriptions. I don't care about videos for artists; funnily enough I just want to listen to them! :mad:

O8Q80as.png

I woke up this morning and wanted to listen to some Metallica (or at least their Ennio Morricone intro music and then the first few songs from S&M or Live ****). How hard do they make it? Honestly putting some stupid YT fan-uploaded videos above the videos in my library? What? Are they smoking crack? The whole thing is ridiculous. 3 extra clicks to find a proper album in my library.

I see Spotify have just launched Premium Duo for £12.99/month. That's less than my current lifetime deal of £7.99/month for GPM and has the benefit of Duo Mix (like Family Mix) which will help stop the arguments about music when cooking etc.

Just do the Indian family plan. It's crap yeah, but when your only paying £2 a month you kinda put up with it.

That said I'm also using Spotify at the minute but mainly because YouTube doesn't work with Amazon echos. Before that I was using Apple music which I have a real soft spot for. It just doesn't seem right though using Apple music on an Android phone lol

Soldato
3 extra clicks to find a proper album in my library.
That pretty much sums up my feelings with it too... everything takes longer to find as the ui is a complete mess cluttered by unnecessary crap google thinks we need to see.

Soldato
Just do the Indian family plan. It's crap yeah, but when your only paying £2 a month you kinda put up with it.
You mean for YTM or Spotify? Is there a guide for setting that up on Spotify? To be honest £12.99 between two is not bad at all.

That pretty much sums up my feelings with it too... everything takes longer to find as the ui is a complete mess cluttered by unnecessary crap google thinks we need to see.
Yeah. I think the underlying idea of integrating YT with their music service is a terrible one. The ones who would appreciate that are very young users who probably won't subscribe, and continue to play music for free through YT anyway. They're just ****ing off real music fans and subscribers.

Soldato
OP
You mean for YTM or Spotify? Is there a guide for setting that up on Spotify? To be honest £12.99 between two is not bad at all.

Just connect to an indian VPN and sign up to youtube premium on the family plan. You still use your existing google account. Once you have subscribed, you don't need to use the VPN again. Youtube premium gives you music as part of the package.

CsBswSQ.jpg

Soldato
Just connect to an indian VPN and sign up to youtube premium on the family plan. You still use your existing google account. Once you have subscribed, you don't need to use the VPN again. Youtube premium gives you music as part of the package.
Ok fair enough. I was reading about doing the same for Spotify where users were saying it is a much smaller library. I wonder if YTM is the same.

Either way it's not money that's the issue. Granted it's better to pay £2 rather than £7.99 for a service I don't like -- but I'm probably 85% certain I'll be switching to Spotify Premium Duo once I get the girlfriend to sign it off/approve, as it were :p

Soldato
OP
Ok fair enough. I was reading about doing the same for Spotify where users were saying it is a much smaller library. I wonder if YTM is the same.

Either way it's not money that's the issue. Granted it's better to pay £2 rather than £7.99 for a service I don't like -- but I'm probably 85% certain I'll be switching to Spotify Premium Duo once I get the girlfriend to sign it off/approve, as it were :p

No worries. Regarding content, it's the same, but you do get indian recommendations on the homescreen. It's ok for searching and adding to playlists though.

Soldato
Switched over about a month ago, have to admit I am not a huge music listener which is why I binned my family spotify sub and went for the YTM family via India for 2.99 or whatever it is. I have found it fine though for my usage at home, transferred most of my playlists from Spotify and now GPM is folded into YTM there is a few more of my songs available.

Soldato
Switched over about a month ago, have to admit I am not a huge music listener which is why I binned my family spotify sub and went for the YTM family via India for 2.99 or whatever it is. I have found it fine though for my usage at home, transferred most of my playlists from Spotify and now GPM is folded into YTM there is a few more of my songs available.
What did you use to transfer playlists? I've been investigating how to transfer my whole library (plus playlists, but I care more about the library because I don't use playlists much) but most of the services seem a bit scammy and/or rubbish.

I had a good one with YTM. New feature I think, shuffle a playlist and when it plays the last/bottom song - it stops! lol It had only played about 6 songs out of 85 on the playlist :rolleyes:

Soldato
What did you use to transfer playlists? I've been investigating how to transfer my whole library (plus playlists, but I care more about the library because I don't use playlists much) but most of the services seem a bit scammy and/or rubbish.

I had a good one with YTM. New feature I think, shuffle a playlist and when it plays the last/bottom song - it stops! lol It had only played about 6 songs out of 85 on the playlist :rolleyes:
TuneMyMusic, you can only do up to a certain amount of playlists/tracks a day on the free one but it worked. It does look a bit dodgy but I just revoked the perms after it had transferred and fingers crossed lol.

Man of Honour
can someone explain how to do get the india price for this? currently i'm subscribed to yuotube premium paying the family subscription. will i lose my playlists?
Use a VPN with an endpoint in India and an indian address generator.
Not sure about keeping your playlists, you should do as it's still your current account.

Soldato
I'll be ditching my sub and moving to Spotify once Google kill GPM. YouTube music is without doubt the worst Google software I've had the mispleasure of using!

Soldato
I'll be ditching my sub and moving to Spotify once Google kill GPM. YouTube music is without doubt the worst Google software I've had the mispleasure of using!
Having used it for a bit longer now.. I agree! Just waiting for a special offer on Spotify Premium Duo again.

Back
Top Bottom