*** The official beard thread ***

Soldato
Thought i'd revive this as I imagine like myself, quite a few people are committing to the beard while we're not out seeing anyone!

I'm on about week four of growth at the moment and into unknown territory! Most of the time i'll trim it back to a #2 using my Wahl clippers every 2-3 weeks.

Can anyone recommend some grooming products? Reading this thread it seems some beard balm & a good comb/brush are the basics? What else would people reccomend?

I'll get a pic uploaded tomorrow! :)

Soldato
Thought i'd revive this as I imagine like myself, quite a few people are committing to the beard while we're not out seeing anyone!

I'm on about week four of growth at the moment and into unknown territory! Most of the time i'll trim it back to a #2 using my Wahl clippers every 2-3 weeks.

Can anyone recommend some grooming products? Reading this thread it seems some beard balm & a good comb/brush are the basics? What else would people reccomend?

I'll get a pic uploaded tomorrow! :)

Stick with it, i thought mine was very patchy and thin for the first few months... I shaved recently to wear a mask but i'm going to be growing it back now.

This is what it is a week or so after shaving:

Capture.png

And this is what it was like just before shaving:

91009496-10157913518230801-3639173013066219520-o.jpg

Soldato
@terley Cheers for the encouragement! :D

I'm lucky that despite being having fully blonde hair, my beard grows pretty thick and even across my face quite quickly!

Seems to have stalled slightly now i'm into week 4 but probably just needs a tiny trim back to take off some split ends to encourage the regrowth.

Currently looking at Seven Potions Beard Oil, Shampoo and their Boar Bristle brush, anyone used them before?

Soldato
Welp, 7 months in now. It's gone past "Can grab a handful" and into "Can feel it moving around and tickling people". I keep waking up with it in my face, reminds me of having long hair and pinning it under my shoulder!

Fzjai01l.jpg

Soldato
Had about 3 months into my beard then shaved all my hair off so I look like an upside down head now.

Also trimmed my beard back quite a bit. Well. To 15mm because it was looking a bit scraggy.

I'm always conflicted about whether I like it or not. I look about ten years younger when I shave it off.

Soldato
I look about ten years younger when I shave it off.

I find the opposite, my girlfriend and other people have said to me that my beard makes me look much younger compared to my clean shaven look.

Also, beard experts - I have what I’d say is a short beard. I trim random pokey out hairs every couple of days, shave my neckline and the other bits of my face as per the shape of the beard. But it doesn’t seem to want to grow any further now? it’s kinda just got to a point where it’s stopped growing much. With lockdown and working a lot from home I thought I’d see if it would grow more by not touching it at all for a few weeks but it pretty much refuses to grow any more. Does that happen?

Soldato
I have a new challenge: beard hairs get EVERYWHERE. They're on my sofa, in my carpet, gathering under furniture. It looks like there's pubes in stuff :(

I dread lending people stuff in case they find a dodgy looking hair :( Or even if I shave, opening drawers and boxes in 10 years and finding hairs.

Is this just my life now? I feel guilty for all the times I was working on someone's laptop and thought I found pubes.

Soldato
I have a new challenge: beard hairs get EVERYWHERE. They're on my sofa, in my carpet, gathering under furniture. It looks like there's pubes in stuff :(

I dread lending people stuff in case they find a dodgy looking hair :( Or even if I shave, opening drawers and boxes in 10 years and finding hairs.

Is this just my life now? I feel guilty for all the times I was working on someone's laptop and thought I found pubes.

In short yes ;)

Mines a mixture of greys browns and quite few very dark hairs not sure where they have come from as I'm mousey brown or was till went bald . My wife complains about finding them everywhere in the house :p tho only tends to happen I don't brush it regularly

Last edited:
Permabanned

just brush it .. twice a day or more .. if you can't be a rsed then just tie it up .. mine gets a plat for a few days .. Viking style ..lol :p

Soldato
I've decided to go for a Beardstache. Shaved most of my beard down to about 9mm now with about 6mm on sideburns. Leaving my tash to do its thing. Gonna buy a bit of wax this week and try to shape it.

I don't wanna look like Charlie bronson so I'm letting the beard soften it a bit.

Never thought I'd like my tash but I seem to be a convert.

Soldato
Question. I trimmed mine down to 3mm yesterday and regretted it. I cleaned up the jaw and cheek lines so it looks neat.

As I do actually want to grow it out, should I shave it all off so it all starts from a level playing field or just leave it as is for now and let it grow?

I'm not looking to grow a yeard but I do want to grow a beard!

I have never really gone more than 5mm before.

Soldato
Question. I trimmed mine down to 3mm yesterday and regretted it. I cleaned up the jaw and cheek lines so it looks neat.

As I do actually want to grow it out, should I shave it all off so it all starts from a level playing field or just leave it as is for now and let it grow?

I'm not looking to grow a yeard but I do want to grow a beard!

I have never really gone more than 5mm before.

Erm

Stop shaving.

Back
Top Bottom