Father Emptied joint bank account with my mum

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Whatever else is taken from this bizarre thread, let it be that joint accounts are for gullible idiots.... ;) Just because someone is naive enough to get married doesn't mean you have to trust them as well, I mean, sheesh.... Have you seen the houses divorce lawyers live in, and the cars they drive? That not tell you anything...?

Can I play spot the incel?

Soldato
Whatever else is taken from this bizarre thread, let it be that joint accounts are for gullible idiots.... ;) Just because someone is naive enough to get married doesn't mean you have to trust them as well, I mean, sheesh.... Have you seen the houses divorce lawyers live in, and the cars they drive? That not tell you anything...?
If you are married it doesn’t matter who’s name is on the account both parties re legally entitled to all the assets of the union.

Soldato

I must be a gullible idiot, it’s strange because my wife and I both thought we were happily married.

I hope you are just young and jaded, adult life is a long road to be bitter and alone.

Caporegime

It's not a bizarre thread, it's someone with a mother who has been abused and then had a bank account emptied. As for having a joint account, she could have been forced to pay her wages into it as part of the abusive behaviour.

Caporegime

Well, I would imagine that any woman with half a brain would stiff you at the first opportunity anyway so your logic certainly checks out in your situation.

Permabanned
Divorce statistics in England say marriage is risky with potential major financial damage to husbands if they become one of the said statistics. It's a gamble, not necessarily a gambol.

It's a bizarre thread to ask such a question on a computer forum when the media is awash with links to dedicated help for women allegedly being abused. Similarly bizarre to the woman who did a runner with two toddlers from an allegedly abusive husband or "partner" and having slipped the net parked up, discovered Overclockers and decided, in the wee small hours, to join here to ask similar sorts of advice. There are many bizarre threads of course, but there do seem to be a lot of people who glibly air their dirty linen on obviously inappropriate forums. Maybe this forum is wanting for a marriage guidance section?

Soldato
How did it get to this point? Does your mum spend tons of money, and if so, on what?

I feel like there's a LOT more to this story than you're letting on. The fact she's been with you for a few weeks already and nothing's been done tells me she's not entirely innocent.

I don't get this attitude. What business is it of yours on what exactly has gone on between OP's parents? Does airing personal matters that don't concern you, somehow determine whether advice can be given? Or are you seeking to mediate between OP's parents and fix their marital problems?

Whether its his/her's or both at fault, it doesn't mean you can't try to help.

On the other hand, OP shouldn't disclose some of the personal details to avoid such comments.

Soldato
https://www.womensaid.org.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9oLG6L6f6gIVle7tCh269wxDEAAYASAAEgI2KPD_BwE

My mother worked for womans aid for 40 years, there is no one better to give strictly confidential advice on the matter than them.
have your mother give them a call to fiind the local office in your area. Abuse is not just phyical, the help is only a call away, they will tell her all she needs to know about her rights with home etc.

Goodluck.

Don't read any further than this one @nightrider1470 , and good luck.

P.s I once gave an abusive person like that the pool cue treatment and it just made things worse for her. Not worth it.

Hugs to your mum x

Caporegime
I don't get this attitude. What business is it of yours on what exactly has gone on between OP's parents? Does airing personal matters that don't concern you, somehow determine whether advice can be given? Or are you seeking to mediate between OP's parents and fix their marital problems?

Whether its his/her's or both at fault, it doesn't mean you can't try to help.

On the other hand, OP shouldn't disclose some of the personal details to avoid such comments.

Perhaps I have a lot more experience in this kind of thing than you might know. These situations are never black & white, he said he's already getting legal help and is just asking for advice.

With the info he's given it's hard to give any that isn't just blanket advice isn't it?

Soldato
Perhaps I have a lot more experience in this kind of thing than you might know. These situations are never black & white, he said he's already getting legal help and is just asking for advice.

With the info he's given it's hard to give any that isn't just blanket advice isn't it?

Whether you do or not, neither of which prevented you from pointing them in the right direction.

They clearly said that they understand the need for legal advice, and that the advice asked for was what could be taken next.

There are plenty of ridiculous threads in GD, this isn't one to start demanding answers when no doubt OP and his mother will be going through a difficult time already.

Caporegime
I think that fact that you immediately assumed the mother was at fault was a little much.

I didn't assume the mother was at fault though, I was asking for more info because otherwise people could jump to conclusions (this is GD after all).

Perhaps I worded it a bit strong (which I edited out on Friday already so I don't know why @.Lethal is still getting worked up about it three days later) but either way, the point still stands.

And yes, it's a very touchy subject for me.

Anyway, I'm gonna bail out of this thread as my intentions are very different to how they're being interpreted so I'll wish the OP and his family all the best :)

Back
Top Bottom