Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Soldato
It ticks all the boxes I have for a new panel and I've been watching for this thing for months but I'm currently not prepared to get on the merry-go-round. I can't stand curved screens because I'm a heavy autocad and Revit user and it just doesn't work when you have lots of parallel horizontal lines all over the place. I need something the replace an old but still great dell 3008 but I'm struggling to find something flat at decent resolution and 144 with freesync.
Mine seems to be holding up for now so fingers crossed. It's a really good monitor in my opinion. A few weird quirks here and there but nothing that's a deal breaker.

Caporegime
OP
Soldato
Anyone have their monitor get stuck in standby?

As in the led stays orange, doesn't respond to anything and needs the power cable pulling out and putting back in to 'reset' it.

Happens on reboots semi-often and its a bit annoying.
Runs fine otherwise though once awake.

Soldato
Anyone have their monitor get stuck in standby?

As in the led stays orange, doesn't respond to anything and needs the power cable pulling out and putting back in to 'reset' it.

Happens on reboots semi-often and its a bit annoying.
Runs fine otherwise though once awake.

Yes, mine does that but I just turn it off and then back on again - don't need to unplug the power cable

Associate
Associate
Have you seen the new Neon Noir bench with their new software Ray Tracing from Crytek ?
Looks amazing on this panel. My 1080ti struggles, but a creditable showing I thought with FPS ranging from 45-60

CpmA0du.jpg

BPH

BPH

Associate
buy oled and never have to worry about crap blacks
Yeah, and start to worry about burn-in. It is still here, ghosting and burn in were greatly improved lately but still a problem. Ive been happy owner of 65'' LG E6 for 3 years and witness the same on my TV :(

Can not decide myself CX48 vs Some Monitor

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, and start to worry about burn-in. It is still here, ghosting and burn in were greatly improved lately but still a problem. Ive been happy owner of 65'' LG E6 for 3 years and witness the same on my TV :(

Can not decide myself CX48 vs Some Monitor

Unlucky :( Had my e7 for about 3 years now too and still all good although I don't use it as a "monitor", purely just for gaming, tv and films.

Caporegime
OP
Associate
Hi everyone, I'm a new member here because this topic is the hottest regarding this monitor. I'm a new owner of this iiyama and because of lack of time to test when this monitor arrives to me I'm not able to return it. The "only" issue I struggle with is ghosting. Every other aspect is great and I was positively surprised about new features/resolution and colors.

I tried to test different settings of overdrive or mbr but ghosting is something awful - my previous 24gm77 has the smoothest display and to be honest I never thought I should consider this when I decide to buy a new monitor and at the moment I asked a various group and nobody paid attention to ghosting like me.

With overdrive +1 the screen is the smoothest I guess but even if I decide to drag window in another place on the screen I can see blurriness, thanks to overdrive I'm able to read the text that is moving. Playing fast games or moving camera faster I can't get rid of ghosting and it makes me so nervous when I'm looking at it and fun from playing games is gone

The effect itself is not that considering the screenshots or recordings from faulty displays- the image near the edge just has a slight lag in relation to the object itself and moving the mouse remains an afterimage that stretches throughout the duration of the mouse movement - it is noticeable mainly horizontally. The result is that the image is not sharp when moving and in relation to my previous monitor, which had no ghost at all, it looks so bad

Do you know what settings i can try or there is any action in nvidia panel that I can perform to slightly remove ghosting?

Associate
I bought one 2 weeks ago (27th June) on a pre-order. I enquired yesterday about an ETA and was told, this morning:
'We don't currently have an ETA from our suppliers for this product, however the pre-order queue is relatively low so you should be receiving a unit from our next batch whenever that may be'.
Looking on the ******** website, they say they are receiving the next batch 17th July; whether the next batch will arrive at Overclockers on this date remains to be seen.
Previously, I don't think anyone had to wait more than a few weeks on pre-order, but these are crazy times

Associate
I asked a couple of days ago and was told mid to end of the month. On the basis that two competitor sites are saying 17th July and 20th July, I figured that made sense if everyone was using the same distributor in the UK. What do I know though.

Associate
Do you know what settings i can try or there is any action in nvidia panel that I can perform to slightly remove ghosting?

I think you have some weird problem there with the settings you are using. I have no visible ghosting and certainly not at Desktop.
If you reset all of the settings to default, what does it look like ?

Soldato
I asked this morning via the customer service forum and they said around the 17th. They said the stock allocation hasn’t been confirmed yet but should have enough to cover my order which I only did yesterday.

I guess I’ll get it early next week all being well.

Associate
I think you have some weird problem there with the settings you are using. I have no visible ghosting and certainly not at Desktop.
If you reset all of the settings to default, what does it look like ?
I did reset now and the image itself looks all right, the issue appears when I try to move opened window with text - moving for example some word file with text in it I'm not able to read anything during moving. Don't know if it is related more with blur or ghosting but it is unacceptable for me. The motion of the moving window looks like 144 hz but there is a some blurring that makes it horrible. With MBR set to +1 it looks better but ghosting appears. All of this is my Windows experience. Don't know if it's my faulty screen or this monitor works like that.

With MBR +1 the screen is not bright enough to play games, with override gaming looks awful

Associate
I ordered mine 12 June...still waiting, everytime i have asked for an ETA it was always "we dont know yet", but ive seen other places stating from the 24th, so fingers crossed...

Associate
I was about to buy the Gigabyte G32QC but after reading the various comments in here I'm not sure what to go for anymore...

I've currently got a shity 60hz 24" Philips monitor, but i've just bought all new components (Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE, RYZEN 7 3700X & GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER WINDFORCE OC) to build a new PC and want a nice monitor to go with it.

I do really want a 32" after seeing some in the shops, and it will be used for gaming mainly, but don't really do online or a lot of shooting games, it's mainly GTA V, bit of Hitman, and some racing sims.

So out of these ones, which would you guys recommend :

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,718.88 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Back
Top Bottom