New upgrade/new build

Associate
Hey all

I currently have a desktop with an i7 3770k 3.5ghz, 16gb ram, and a GeForce GTX680. I know it’s coming to the end for the ability to play newer games.

I doubt I will be able to use any bits from my current setup, so probable new everything. As even the ssd I have is only 250gb.

would not need a optical drive, and looking at running 2 monitors. Games I’m thinking about are Cyberpunk and Microsoft Flight Sim that’s due to come out.

budget wise I’m open but nothing totally out there, hoping to keep inside £2k (monitors on separate budget) but would stretch that higher if it made sense. And thinking about it having lights.

thanks for reading.

Associate
I'm in the same boat as yourself due an upgrade with a similar budget, Ryzen cpus seem to come very recommended now but the 4000 series is due before the end of the year I believe with new gpus from AMD and NVIDIA so I'd say if you can hold of till then it'll be worth the wait. Especially now Cyberpunks been delayed till nov.

OCUK have a great deal on atm on an LG 1440p 144hz monitor in the deals thread, pre-ordered mine in anticipation despite current hardware.

Associate
OP
Cheers lemin, seriously that cheap, shocked at that price. Was definitely expecting higher than even my rough £2k.

Carrying on from the selection above, what difference would it make going nearer the £2k (also would increase the top of my budget if really a big difference but ideally not much over) fancy some rgb, benefits of water cooled to air cooled. 2 monitors are getting purchased on a different budget.

Last edited:
Soldato
Upgraded some kit, you can sell and upgrade gfx card at xmas when new ones out. 2080ti is a rip off price now.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £677.22 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

Soldato
Carrying on from the selection above, what difference would it make going nearer the £2k (also would increase the top of my budget if really a big difference but ideally not much over) fancy some rgb, benefits of water cooled to air cooled.
32GB memory is certainly going to be usefull in long term in heavier next-gen games.
In CPUs improved Zen3 architecture would keep PC going for longer than more cores of current gen.
Next-gen graphics cards are few months away and GPU of next Xbox might well perform at level of the most overpriced graphics card.
So super bad time to pay high prices in GPUs.

RGB certainly won't make PC any faster/longer lasting.
But it certainly throws bang per buck into toilet.

And waterpipe coolers can't be even expected to survive in long term.
This would be more than enough for only 8 core CPU for £43.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alpenfohn-brocken-3-cpu-cooler-140mm-hs-05a-al.html
While capable to outlasting waterpipe coolers by having only one wearing part, whose failure can't kill all cooling.

Also 660W is well enough for parts drawing about half of that.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/frac...ted-fully-modular-power-supply-ca-08t-fd.html

Back
Top Bottom