Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Cute now. Wait until it's hunting time! Mine have managed to kill off 5 mice in a single day today. Never had anything like this number before it's madness. They appear to be hunting just on the railway line and catching everything that moves.

Wouldn't mind but the hunter - Tabby Cat keeps bringing them in alive and dropping them in my office.

bless em they are just bringing you a gift hahaha

This breed is a house cat and we don’t have mice in our house fortunately:)

Man of Honour
bless em they are just bringing you a gift hahaha

This breed is a house cat and we don’t have mice in our house fortunately:)

Mine only go out when we let them into the garden. Otherwise also indoor cats. Fluffy, cuddly killing machines. What is not to like?

Soldato
OCUK Cat owners, I have a question if I may...

For the last few months we've been staying at my Grandmothers until our house is built. My grandmother has lived here for about 5 years and the previous owner had a cat as there is a cat flap in the door. Every day since we've been here there has been a black cat in the garden from the morning until the evening. She's really friendly and sits around with us as we're in the garden and is always meowing at us for attention. She isn't skinny so we can't believe she is a stray (Doesn't help my grandmother throws out uneaten meat outside for the cats rather than bin it!) but she is literally always in the garden or waiting at the back door before we've even pulled back the curtains in the morning.

Is this regular behaviour of a cat that has its own home? We think when we get the go ahead to move into our house we may take her to the vet to see if she has been chipped and if she hasn't been we may take her with us.

Also, my grandmother who is 87 is a bit worried about being alone once we are gone (We'll be visiting her every week as she is going to be around the corner) and she keeps saying she really wants a dog for company, which I don't feel would be fair on her or a dog at her age. Would a cat be suitable for someone such as her? I want something to keep her company on the days where family don't visit, which is more or less every day anyway!

Soldato
No unusual for cats to be hanging around other houses. We have a couple that visit, and I know one of mine used to go to a house around the corner. It was there so much I went and told them when he had to be put down so they wouldn’t be wondering.

Underboss
Just taken my 17 year old to her last vets appointment, she'd been battling feline diabetes for 4 years but this morning she just wanted to rest eternally.

ak72wfn.jpg

RIP Sasha (Duchess), survived getting hit by a car, having her tail removed, countless fights, puppies, kids and kittens.

Sorry for the downer
:(

Soldato
it's been a while since this thread was up top...

nHlWlSzh.jpg
Less working more petting!

That is a gorgeous sheen on that coat, brings back memories of trying to type on the keyboard with a cat in my face.
Just taken my 17 year old to her last vets appointment, she'd been battling feline diabetes for 4 years but this morning she just wanted to rest eternally.

ak72wfn.jpg

RIP Sasha (Duchess), survived getting hit by a car, having her tail removed, countless fights, puppies, kids and kittens.

Sorry for the downer

Sorry for you loss. I remember when I lost mine I was the phone to my mother talking about it and I just lost it completely.

Soldato
OCUK Cat owners, I have a question if I may...

For the last few months we've been staying at my Grandmothers until our house is built. My grandmother has lived here for about 5 years and the previous owner had a cat as there is a cat flap in the door. Every day since we've been here there has been a black cat in the garden from the morning until the evening. She's really friendly and sits around with us as we're in the garden and is always meowing at us for attention. She isn't skinny so we can't believe she is a stray (Doesn't help my grandmother throws out uneaten meat outside for the cats rather than bin it!) but she is literally always in the garden or waiting at the back door before we've even pulled back the curtains in the morning.

Is this regular behaviour of a cat that has its own home? We think when we get the go ahead to move into our house we may take her to the vet to see if she has been chipped and if she hasn't been we may take her with us.

Also, my grandmother who is 87 is a bit worried about being alone once we are gone (We'll be visiting her every week as she is going to be around the corner) and she keeps saying she really wants a dog for company, which I don't feel would be fair on her or a dog at her age. Would a cat be suitable for someone such as her? I want something to keep her company on the days where family don't visit, which is more or less every day anyway!
The fact she has giving the cat food is only going to encourage the cat to return

Soldato
The fact she has giving the cat food is only going to encourage the cat to return

Yeah we do tell her that but she refuses to throw meat in the bin when the cats or foxes can eat it. Just find it really odd she's always in the garden. Even in bad weather she'll just sit at the front of the summer house as it is covered from the rain.

Sorry for the bad news @Josh

Soldato
Yeah we do tell her that but she refuses to throw meat in the bin when the cats or foxes can eat it. Just find it really odd she's always in the garden. Even in bad weather she'll just sit at the front of the summer house as it is covered from the rain.

Sorry for the bad news @Josh
Maybe enjoys the company too, some cats just like some people more than others.

That or said cat is slowly trying to move in haha

Soldato
I've made an Instagram account for my cat. Senor.squeaky if you want to follow.

*I'd missed the post about Sasha, really sorry to hear that. 17 is a good age, sounds like she'd been through a lot but had a great life.

Last edited:

ljt

ljt

Soldato

Sorry for the downer

Sorry to hear that :( RIP Sasha.

I've got 2 (brother and sister) that are 16 and both have diabetes, ones been diabetic for 6 years or more now. The other about 4 years. I remember when I first had to start injecting them! Fun times :D They are as good as gold now though, don't bat an eyelid.

Can't type for toffee
Don

ak72wfn.jpg

Sorry for the downer

Sorry for your loss mate :( RIP Sasha

I was a mess when we lost our dusty a lot of people don't seem to get it but it's part of the family gone

Soldato

Sorry for the downer

Sorry dude, losing a pet is always rubbish. :( But I always try to think of it that even though we can’t have them around for the whole of our lifetimes at least we can take comfort in the knowledge that they can have us around for the whole of theirs.

I haz 4090!
Don
@Josh I'm really sorry to hear that matey. It's always so hard when they go but then it gets to a point where it's just the best thing for them and we have to let them go. I'll have a whisky for Sasha tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom