** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Yup but to get benefit of high refresh rate and the pixels, it’s more demanding than 4k
yea, personally id prefer if they used ips and 144hz rather than 240hz va,
the only games people can really run at 240fps, are going to be competitive fps games which people are using 24 inch 1080p monitors anyway

Soldato
yea, personally id prefer if they used ips and 144hz rather than 240hz va,
the only games people can really run at 240fps, are going to be competitive fps games which people are using 24 inch 1080p monitors anyway

I can't say I agree with the bolded part. I play Path of Exile at 190+ fps and I play other non-esport titles at the highest framerate my poor vega will allow me because I really appreciate the lower input lag and the much less pixel blur. There is a market for people who want the immersion factor of a bigger screen combined with the smoothness of 240hz. We don't just play esports titles, or watch movies, or play RPG's, but instead, play/watch a very broad spectrum of things and enjoy it on a bigger screen :).

That said, I myself would much prefer IPS as well as I still have my doubt that they can get the smearing issues of VA under control even with the G7/G9. Also I'm not a fan of the 1000R curve on the 27" and 32" but it makes a bit more sense on the G9 IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom