Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2020, Spielberg - Race 1/?

Rate the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix (1) out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
xCdBgvZ.jpg
Spielberg
When was the track built?
The fearsome, original Osterreichring was originated in 1969 as a replacement for the Zeltweg airfield circuit. The track known today as the Red Bull Ring was more or less created over the winter of 1995-6, when Hermann Tilke was engaged to turn the Osterreichring into a shorter, more modern race track.

When was its first Grand Prix?
The A1-Ring, as it was then called, was opened in 1996, with Formula 1 arriving at the circuit a year later. Jacques Villeneuve won the race, while Jean Alesi had a spectacular crash when his Benetton climbed up the Ferrari of Eddie Irvine. Alesi’s team mate Gerhard Berger, meanwhile, used his home Grand Prix to announce his F1 retirement.

What’s the circuit like?
It’s only wee, bless it, but the Red Bull Ring packs a lot into a short lap. The first half rewards power, as the cars blast along three straights separated by a pair of uphill right-handers. But then as the drivers work their way downhill, the circuit becomes a regular toboggan ride, as the cars canyon through a series of quick corners, including the exhilarating Rindt right-hander, named for Austria’s first F1 champion.

TV Times
Sky:
VlKXMau.png
C4:
Saturday - 6.45pm Qualifying Highlights
Sunday - 6.30pm Race Highlights

Track Diagram & Information
ZKqKwcX.png

Weather Forecast
EMzOjHH.png

2019 Race Highlights
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ustrian-grand-prix.b69D26aHTi8k66SJVC6Jt.html

Practice 1
PmzH26S.png

Practice 2
vi91v6P.png

Practice 3
X6Oa3UH.png

Qualifying
jvyzkKA.png

Race
kygpN4x.png

Last edited:
Associate
Has there been any running in the wet in recent times?
Major wet race that sticks in the mind Brambila crashing immediately after crossing the finish line. Mid-70s?

Going to be very interesting! Please simulcast on Sky1!

Soldato
Is there anyway to watch this without a current Sky subscription? I dont mind paying but refuse to pay a full Sky sub..

Edit - Just saw the Now TV pass.. Next question. Can I watch it any time not just Live?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Excited for this :cool:

Testing came around really quick I felt, but since the lockdown... it's really dragged.

Soldato
Cheers @Shimmy - seems an age ago that I was watching the last days of testing in Barca.

New Mercedes livery is stunning!

True to the word 'gambling', given that there are back to back races in Austria and Red Bull love this circuit, I've taken a punt on Verstappen to win the WDC. The odds were silly, and two wins - or a win and a podium - will drop them massively, creating a cheeky cash out opportunity. Either that or he crashes into Leclerc on the first corner twice and I write off £20 :D With a little punt, as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom