• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Basic 4k 60hz card

Associate
I'm looking for a card to drive a 4k monitor at 60hz. I don't play games just office, photoshop & lightroom.
Passive cooling would be great if possible . HDMI & Display port.
What can you recommend please?
Thanks.

Associate
I had a similar requirement recently and ended up buying a second hand RX 550 for £40.

Does the job, has HDMI and DP and the fan never spins up as far as I can tell.

Soldato
Entry level 4k 60 I'd suggest RTX2060 for Nvidia and RX5700 for AMD

edit: Oh no games. Do you watch 4k videos or just spreadsheets? You can basically just buy any GPU - whatever the cheapest GPu that Nvidia or AMD makes will get the job done - and that seems to be the nvidia GT1030, AMD doesn;t have anything at that price range

Associate
OP
Entry level 4k 60 I'd suggest RTX2060 for Nvidia and RX5700 for AMD

edit: Oh no games. Do you watch 4k videos or just spreadsheets? You can basically just buy any GPU - whatever the cheapest GPu that Nvidia or AMD makes will get the job done - and that seems to be the nvidia GT1030, AMD doesn;t have anything at that price range
Just spreadsheets etc, photoshop and Lightroom.

Associate
RX550 is a bit cheaper than most GT1030s and performs better, though it has a higher PSU requirement (400w vs 300w with the 1030).

It also has Freensync support, which, while you don't game, might give you a better resale value if you ever want rid of it.

I'm not sure if there are any passive RX550s, though; I don't think there are.

Back
Top Bottom