Sigrotor + Coding Help + Mini Project

Permabanned
Hello,

I am seeing an increase of people requiring sigs to be hosted somewhere for this forum. I am looking for potential coders who would like to be part of a small project to get this back up and running for the forum.

The person who owns http://sigrotor.com/ is no longer and doesn't look like it's been maintained any more.

I believe it was someone named Inquisitor aka Will Vousden but nobody including myself can contact them to get this site up and running again.

Is there any coders on here who would like to be a part of a project to get a brand new sigrotor website up and running?

I can't code to the level of what has been done on here but I can help where possible!

The below link is where anyone on here could contribute to it so please so so if you understand; (HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, PHP, MySQL)

Live Site

! Max 10 sig upload limit
! limits for the forum (400 x 75 + file size limit)

Completed and Tested
> Login to MySQL Server (email, username, password [database, live] )
> File upload with folder creation (/signature)
> Moved to primary domain for further testing
> New site URL live!
> Link/URL to signature path (/signature/$username)
> Max allowed 10 + size limits check
> Updated site favicons
> Forgot password reset link
> Better control panel style

To be completed..
> More to come

Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
A few ideas sprung to me, but have far too much on my work plate to be able to contribute in a meaningful way:

- System need to start with a standard email signup, login, password reset and delete my account
- Users can upload images:
- Server side need to check they're really image format uploads: gif, png, etc.
- Restrict the file size
- Restrict total number of images someone can upload
- User should be able tag each image with a helpful name​
- The system would manage "sets" of images:
- By default an "all" set is created for a user that just includes all the images they have uploaded
- A unique token is auto-generated for each set - and that becomes part of the url the user must quote to the forum software e.g. http://newsigrotator.com/xy1234abc The system uses the token to lookup the set and return one of the images at random
- Users can define their own sets (for example one for each forum they frequent) from their uploaded images. Each set has its own unique token.​

Nice to have category:
- To avoid abuse/theft the first time a site uses a tag, the user must agree that that site can access it. A reverse IP lookup would be needed to help identify that the site was allowed to reference that users' image set. overclockers automatically whitelisted site.
- Users could choose to mark images as 'shared' and thus any other user see and add that image to one of their sets

Not Considered at all, but should be:
- Site administration:
- Remove/suspend/unsuspend users. Not quite sure of the potential for abuse beyond inappropriate images, but there's bound to be some.
- Traffic checking as there will be a download cost to the main activity of the site.​
- Possibly do something clever by keeping checksums of uploaded images to detect if the same one gets uploaded more than once - we could only store one copy, not lots.

Permabanned
OP
My coding skills are pretty weak, I would think there will be help once the ones that have the skills stumble on the post.

I think I have the log in part done with a username and password and logs in using sessions. Trying to code the part where it can create the directory and the upload part. Once I suss that one out I might be alright.

:)

Permabanned
OP
Is Sigrotor back up and active again?
Just noticed the copyright notice year.

No it's not up as such it fails on the back end stuff. The person who made it made a post saying that it's due to the PHP version back in 2016 when it went down last time. The person is no longer active or maintaining the website or contactable.

and you know what's worse is that domain looks like it's on auto-renew as well as it's been renewed since last year.

@Bouton Aide, what language have you gone with?
Have you got a repo going for the project?

I have gone with PHP/SQL and it's not on Github. It uses sessions and authentication via sql. I could release the code though I suppose but I would love it to get something working for OcUK members, saves me having to upload them manually.

So if anyone would like to help (credits will be onsite)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Procedural PHP or are building it off a framework?

Definitely get a repo going as i'm sure there's a few of us (myself included, albeit a little rusty at PHP) that will be happy to commit code to the project and/or help wherever we can :)

That would be perfect! Let me get it up on a repo on GitHub in the next hour. I took that code from another repo and modified it to make it work.

My coding skills are very rusty and can only modify code once it's been done. Not good from starting from scratch!

I have modified the first post where the repo will be...

Thanks!

Permabanned
OP
I have just checked: SignAvatar

It appears that what you do is host the images on somewhere like imgur and then paste the url into a box, save it and it gives you a url in your control panel.

What sigrotor did was you could upload the images directly and then get the url again inside a control panel.

I think I have the first part sorted, I just need the control panel coded where people could "upload" and grab a url.

I think it's nearly there! :)

Permabanned
OP
Well done Bouts, I was coding some python to work with an API today and was tough going, it was nested dictionaries with a list after about three deep. Head melted, if I meet anyone called Jason I will have to refrain myself! :o

I never touched Python! Well it looks like I have managed to do a triple authenticate! To log in now you must know the users forum username AND their email address AND their password! :)

I'm happy with my progress. Once logged in it spits out the 3 sessions. Still working out how to create a session ID folder and how to upload to that session ID folder and get a link some how!

Permabanned
OP
Who ever is DeltaEchoSierra I have updated the code on the main site to test it out. It creates the folders, except the images don't load at present due to it been under /sigrotor . If it was under a sub domain or primary domain it would work perfect.

> Users are created fine in the database (email, username and password)
> Mysql login working fine
> Images are uploaded into the username folder under /signatures
> Image displayed is broken upon upload.

Code is great! I can understand now how it's done. :)

EDIT 1: I have moved the files to primary domain, the sigs now loads in the user control panel.

Edit2: Been having a think.... if we could copy over an index.php (this is already created) file from another location on the server to the username created folder that would get the link working, then we just need to spit the url back out in the control panel page for the users to copy.

Edit3: Then we just need to make the control panel a bit more friendly and I would say it’s ready to use!

Great work so far! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom