Cheap first build

Associate
Hi all. Absolute newbie here looking to build a very cheap gaming PC. Other than helping a family friend with the build of a PC when I was in my early teens, I've got very little idea on how to build one or what to look for, but I'm after a bit of a project and would like to learn!

My wife and I are looking for a fairly basic gaming PC to play games like Plant Coaster and Football Manager on (though our tastes might evolve into games that are more demanding) and we'd ideally like the best spec we can get for our limited budget. We're looking to spend £350-450 on the build (preferably towards the lower end) but I'm not even sure if that's possible.

I was preferably looking for a system with 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD and a strong CPU (amongst everything else needed to build a gaming PC from scratch) but I don't know if this will be affordable with my kind of budget. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Hi, this is the cheapest i could put together for an entry level gaming PC with new parts.

You might be able to pick up some deals on used stuff to bring the price down further.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £537.20 (includes shipping: £12.30)

Soldato
No chance I’m afraid, you could maybe look for something used. But it won’t be very good.

This is the minimum I’d dare spec for a ‘budget’ gaming PC...

Edit: Very similar spec to @Joxeon lol - unsure if that mobo will come with latest BIOS to boot Ryzen 3 though??

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £560.77 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Associate
3200g/3400g would take £150/£100 off those builds and could play games at low settings.

Used probably the way to go for something more capable

Back
Top Bottom