MOT exemption from 30th March

Caporegime
Mandatory MOT testing is being re-instated on 1st August for England, Scotland and Wales. Wife's car's MOT expires on 24th July, so just sneaks in for the 6 month extension, then it is off to be sold as it has only done 65 miles since February and my car has only done 110 miles since March. Working from home means having 2 cars sat doing nothing is too much of a luxury, one car will be enough.

If I was buying a car I'd want a "proper" MOT, not an extension.

Soldato
Are you sure it was on the DVLA site and not some app which had estimated the extension ? The extensions haven't been getting granted until a week or so before the due date . Eg mine was due early may and some point at the end of April 6 months was added on to the due date.

If yours isnt due till August why would it have been extended ?

To check this I've just put in a car that runs out 11th July. On DVLA/gov site It still says it's due that date but I imagine this week will be extended

Yeah, I don't use the silly third party apps that just stick ad wrappers around the Vehicle Enquiry checker. That was way back when in April/March though. It might be they reverted that change after they realised this will likely be reverted in some time.

I don't recall them ever mentioning an end date to the period for which MOTs will be extended back then. It was just MOTs due after March 30th? I checked my inbox and Confused.com were even saying "If your car is due an MOT test, you won’t have to book a test for 6 months. The delayed testing will be in place for 12 months."

Back
Top Bottom