• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New AMD Microcode AGESA 1.0.0.5 on the way

Associate
Still nothing for an ASUS Crosshair VII x470.
I guess that I will have to have a BIOS update only if I get one of the soon to be released new AMD CPU's.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
There has been like 3 newer BIOS’s for my mobo but I won’t bother updating mine until I pick up a 4000 series CPU. Why mess with what works perfectly well I say :)

Soldato
OP
Interesting.
What was wrong with it?

Everything lol, broke my nvme raid, and even after I fixed it, I couldnt use the sata ports independently of the nvme raid like I could on other bioses
AMD Cool & Quiet was missing
Bios Flashback button no longer worked lol
Menu's and bios layout had changed, it was horrible, not as user friendly as before.

There's loads of guys over on the MSI forums complaining about half of these faults too.

Soldato
The worst thing is, its the BIOS I have installed right now on my x570 tomahawk!
lol
Here's hoping I don't get any of the gubbins you've been describing before they launch a proper one.
I note their website also has taken down the previous stepped bios too.

Soldato
OP
The worst thing is, its the BIOS I have installed right now on my x570 tomahawk!
lol
Here's hoping I don't get any of the gubbins you've been describing before they launch a proper one.
I note their website also has taken down the previous stepped bios too.

Yeah AGESA 1.0.0.5, I saw that was gone too, couldnt get my FCLK stable on either of those beta bioses above 1800mhz, currently ive back flashed to 1.0.0.4 and have FCLK running at 1867mhz.

Man of Honour
My board (Asus B350 Prime Plus) has nothing listed on the normal BIOS download page any more, although it does still show the previously released BIOS' via a general download search page. Will be interesting to see if this makes it to B350 boards, in theory AM4 is supposed to be supported long term but we'll see how it goes.

Associate
I've downloaded the ASUS Crosshair VII x470 BIOS and I'm tempted to flash it - it's like an itch that needs a scratch!

I shouldn't really - I had lots of issues with this board last year until they finally released yet another BIOS at the end of December. It's been rock-solid ever since, so as long as I have the 3600X installed, I should leave it alone! :D

But then again......;)

Back
Top Bottom