******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
IIRC, some accounts weren't fully retrievable due to some issue when they did the 3.9 transfer. I believe the majority kept their ships and items.
I might have lost a couple of minor components or loadouts, but purchased ships/vehicles stayed.

Given the size of some of the money transfer beacons I've been seeing lately, it looks like there's another money exploit being used, so I wouldn't be too surprised if 3.10 had some kind of wipe.

Associate
Full persistence isn't in yet so what ships you buy in game are likely to disappear, items and ships did for me in the last patch, at this point just hang on to the money and buy when the new patch hits, its only a couple of weeks away now and what money you have is likely to persist into the next patch as the money earned is what they prioritise in patch to patch persistence until iCache is up and running.

Ok that's great advice actually. I'll hoard the cash for now. Also is the Carrack going for subscribers when the new patch drops? Love that ship

Caporegime
IIRC, some accounts weren't fully retrievable due to some issue when they did the 3.9 transfer. I believe the majority kept their ships and items.
I might have lost a couple of minor components or loadouts, but purchased ships/vehicles stayed.

Given the size of some of the money transfer beacons I've been seeing lately, it looks like there's another money exploit being used, so I wouldn't be too surprised if 3.10 had some kind of wipe.

I'm 90% sure 3.10 will not be a wipe patch, i can't tell you how i know that :)

Ok that's great advice actually. I'll hoard the cash for now. Also is the Carrack going for subscribers when the new patch drops? Love that ship

Don't know, i'm just a backer peasant :)

Edited: had the quotes back to front.

Soldato
Hi.
Now elite seems to be dumping vr this game may be back on my radar again. If I can't play in VR and I have to go flat then I may as well play something new.
However burnout is a very real worry of mine. Despite the huge temptation I barely touched ED till gamma pre release - the point at which there would be no prerelease wipe aside from major issues.

I don't suppose CIG (RSI?) Have given any hints at what point they plan to stop wipes and allow players to earn gear which they can take with them into the game launch? That is the point i will probably dig into the game in a big way.
Thanks

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Hi.
Now elite seems to be dumping vr this game may be back on my radar again. If I can't play in VR and I have to go flat then I may as well play something new.
However burnout is a very real worry of mine. Despite the huge temptation I barely touched ED till gamma pre release - the point at which there would be no prerelease wipe aside from major issues.

I don't suppose CIG (RSI?) Have given any hints at what point they plan to stop wipes and allow players to earn gear which they can take with them into the game launch? That is the point i will probably dig into the game in a big way.
Thanks
I doubt they will do that. Everything needs to be earned from release imo.

Soldato
Hi.

Thanks

There will be no progress carried over from beta to release as is standard practice in any MMO, so I would suggest launch is when you jump in if you're not happy with wipes happening before. In any event 'launch' is a while off.

Soldato
There will be no progress carried over from beta to release as is standard practice in any MMO, so I would suggest launch is when you jump in if you're not happy with wipes happening before. In any event 'launch' is a while off.

Besides the servers will likely be so unstable at launch there will be accidental wipes anyway. CIG may even lock anti wipes behind a paywall.

Soldato
OP
You smile but it could happen... remember the pay per view cit con live stream.

Citcon tickets are honestly the best value purchase you can make with star citizen. Grub, 12 hours of entertainment and then a massive pub crawl afterwards where the germans and swiss buy the drinks.

Meh to the ship sales though, sales lol as if.

Back
Top Bottom