The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Soldato
I'm still annoyed my INI settings got reset when I put a new GPU in without having the latest version backed up :( I'd managed to get perfect settings for rendering proper detail trees in density to the horizon, high level of active grids without crashes or mission bugs and without odd rendering issues on distant mountains, etc. :( and now I can't replicate them.
I always set mine to read only once tweaked for that reason. Happened to me before too.

Soldato
Could I just add a question on this as I have a Steam refund incoming... Thinking of getting the Special Edition (64 bit) to replace the well played original version. As the SE is on sale at present, how much improved is the reworked version compared to the original. As someone with many hours in the original, will I enhance my experience with this? How does it function with 4K graphics, particularly in terms of on screen text and font size?

Caporegime
Could I just add a question on this as I have a Steam refund incoming... Thinking of getting the Special Edition (64 bit) to replace the well played original version. As the SE is on sale at present, how much improved is the reworked version compared to the original. As someone with many hours in the original, will I enhance my experience with this? How does it function with 4K graphics, particularly in terms of on screen text and font size?
Search for and watch the many youtube vids showing the differences as this question has been asked and dealt with a gazillion times since SE was released.

Soldato
Alternatively, ignore Richdog and ask here. I'm sure someone will be happy to answer. After all, what's the point of forums like these of you can't ask questions?

Caporegime
Alternatively, ignore Richdog and ask here. I'm sure someone will be happy to answer. After all, what's the point of forums like these of you can't ask questions?

Just because this is a forum does not mean that we should not show some consideration and respect other people's time by asking things that you can easily find yourself with negligible effort.

There are a TON of detailed videos on Youtube showing and clearly explaining the differences. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=difference+between+skyrim+le+and+se :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just because this is a forum does not mean that you should not show some consideration and respect other peopes time by asking things that you can easily find yourself with negligible effort.

There are a TON of detailed videos on Youtube showing and clearly explaining the differences, why should we expect people to write out in detail what we can immediately go and see with our own eyes with a quick search and marginal bit of effort? Common sense... lets use it. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=difference+between+skyrim+le+and+se :)

Maybe people value the opinions of OcUK members more than someone they've never engaged with before? Maybe the question is being used as a gateway to an actual conversation about the editions, which often isn't possible on old posts and YouTube videos?

As for consideration and respect to other people's time, get a grip. People can ignore the question if they want. "Boohoo, a few seconds of my life are gone because I had to read this post!!11!" And if your time is so precious, why answer in the first place? Because it allowed you be condescending, a favourite pastime of yours it seems.

Caporegime
Maybe people value the opinions of OcUK members more than someone they've never engaged with before? Maybe the question is being used as a gateway to an actual conversation about the editions, which often isn't possible on old posts and YouTube videos?

As for consideration and respect to other people's time, get a grip. People can ignore the question if they want. "Boohoo, a few seconds of my life are gone because I had to read this post!!11!" And if your time is so precious, why answer in the first place? Because it allowed you be condescending, a favourite pastime of yours it seems.
You are talking illogical rubbish for the sake of having a petty argument. No worries, I'll leave you to it. :)

Caporegime
Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I wasn't talking about simple comparison screenshots, I was referring to detailed explanations in video walkthroughs. How can you get a better overview than that? This was a quick google https://www.legendarymage.com/skyrim-se-vs-le-which-skyrim-version-should-you-get/

Basically better graphics, 64-bit engine and future modding support.

Pretty good explanation. Havent played for years so thought i would check it out isnt that right @Buddy ;). Pleasantly surprise already got the SE so must have got the upgrade in the past. Might fire it up to give it another bash. Thanks for the info.

Soldato
CHow does it function with 4K graphics, particularly in terms of on screen text and font size?

It only natively supports 1080p just like the original game so text will likely be a wee bit on the small side... there are widescreen mods which basically modify the menu .swf files which is probably your best bet.

You'll need mods basically.

As the SE is on sale at present, how much improved is the reworked version compared to the original.

The lighting is overhauled (Volumetric rays) and they've tweaked the weathers to make sunsets more orange-y otherwise its basically the same game the main advantage is stability and less stuttering overall due to better memory management and DX11 with more drawcalls available. If you've never played it before its a no brainer if you already have the original its a tougher sell but most mods released these days are for SSE and its still in development by bethesda even if its only for Creation Club content (a mixed bag).

Soldato
Guys, check this out... someone made a complete modlist that si apparently awesome and can all be downloading through a tool and relatively simple process... https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/hkm4gk/modlist_release_wabbajack_living_skyrim_200_is/

I'm going to be a grumpy git here and I sure hope that if you, or anyone else, are going to use that mod list that you go and endorse each and everyone of the mods/patches that are included in that so called mod. Since the mods included are all from mod authors over at Nexus and not that persons own mods.

/end rant

Back
Top Bottom