Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Loads of us on here used the Russian vpn trick and got the game for £25, that means using a new battle net account though.

I'll give it some thought, but multiple Battle.Net accounts doesn't sound that appealing.

A couple weeks ago it was £37.50 directly through Battle.net. Not much use now of course unless you've got a time machine...

Yeah I saw that on isthereanydeal.com. I'm hoping that they run a similar special for the 4th of July.

In other news, they've removed Rumble! FFS!

Soldato
My apologies if this has been discussed (and hopefully solved) but has anyone else experienced severe frame drops (from a locked 60fps down to ~25) and some severe shadow artifacting? If so, how did you fix it?

I am running the game on a 9700k, 2080ti, locked to 60fps because that is the max refresh of my monitor (currently). Latest game, drivers, windows etc

All help gratefully received

Nope, nothing like that.

10700k, 1080Ti, 3440x1440 G-Sync - average around 90-100fps at all times, runs like glass.

Soldato
My apologies if this has been discussed (and hopefully solved) but has anyone else experienced severe frame drops (from a locked 60fps down to ~25) and some severe shadow artifacting? If so, how did you fix it?

I am running the game on a 9700k, 2080ti, locked to 60fps because that is the max refresh of my monitor (currently). Latest game, drivers, windows etc

All help gratefully received
What nvidia driver and version of windows 10 are you on?

Associate
It's definitely weird.
Everything else runs like you would expect on a 2080ti, so I'm discounting the card. So I guess it's either Windows 10 2004 (did a fresh install and the indexing updates are awful) or something game related.
Will turn off all the bells and whistles and build up to see which triggers it. Not much else to do in lockdown I guess

Caporegime
Well that's me done with the game for another week. :o

New sniper is great. Definitely the best one out of the lot.

sniper.jpg

Associate
No game optimisers for me. Turned off all the standard overlays too. Xbox, nvidia etc. Turned off indexing on win 10 too.

Sometimes it lags, sometimes it doesn't. Could be related to my Internet being crap atm I suppose

Soldato
Whoever says the game looks bad needs their eyes testing, looks great to me. Some interesting rooms on the new Cheshire Park map

XIDxQcy.jpg.png

IEIue7b.jpg.png

LAZ8JFi.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Rumble gone for now. Temporary or long term?
That was a good.option for free players to rank up weapons!

Probably temporary, to get the rumble players to spend some money to rank up weapons!

36GB download on 15mb internet, ack. See you in a week :(
Do games even work on 15mb internet? Like the good only days of having a ~200 ping in early 2000s and trying to gestimate where your enemy is as everyone rubber bands accross the screen :D

Soldato
How is 'quick scope' defined, does anyone know? I did some very rapid scope and kill in Plunder but no score on the unlock...maybe not fast enough but I can't see how it could be faster!
Isnt it so many quick scope kills over 15 games?
Quick scoping is shooting before the scope fully zooms in (and killing somoene)

Soldato
Ive had two crashes now in the space of maybe 3 or 4 hours after this patch.
No message, just the game locks up, but Windows is still working in the background...

Anyone anything unusual?

Associate
Isnt it so many quick scope kills over 15 games?
Quick scoping is shooting before the scope fully zooms in (and killing somoene)

That's certainly not the devs definition for it, I've got about 5/15 now and all of them were done fully "zoomed in", though I was using a Kar98 with a red dot. I'd estimate I spent at most 500ms zoomed in before getting the kill.

Easiest way to get it would probably be with an EBR or something in Hardcore.

Back
Top Bottom