**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Need some advice, or more of a sanity check to be honest.

The top speaker (earpiece) seems very quite during media playback, YT/Spotify etc, But using the phone both on and off of speaker phone it's fine, nice and loud. So I'm assuming it's not broken.

I'm using the 11 beta, so that could be a thing, but I just wanted to check if it was normal or not. I don't remember it being that quiet/unbalanced with the bottom speaker.

So I found that if you go into the accessibility options you can change the balance between left (top) and right (bottom), my left speaker sounds crap. I think its busted. :\

Can you guys with a 4XL test this and let me know what you think? I've a feeling I'm going to have to RMA it....

Soldato
You’ll need to get 10 back on there before sending in the request for the RMA. I tried the same thing with my P3 last year (camera not focusing issue) but was told to either wait for 10 to go GA or downgrade back to 9.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yeah I know, but I have the bug which won't let me downgrade. If I opt out it downloads, installs and restarts, then boots into recovery mode. Google are aware of the issue apparently.

I'm just seeing what others say for now, want to see if it's me or not. But it doesn't sound right, nor how I remember it. Thing is I don't use media on loud speaker much as I have BT devices, so I'm not sure when or how it became an issue.

Soldato
Running out of storage so my phone is suggesting to delete local photos/videos that have already backed up.

I don't have a problem with that apart from I'd like to set some photos/videos not to be included in what's deleted. Namely of my children, which Google has already categorised under 'People' which is nice.

Soldato
Namely of my children, which Google has already categorised under 'People' which is nice.

Hmm, are you one of those that calls his dogs his children and they shouldn't be under 'people'? :p Also, it's not really that they're being 'deleted', they just wouldn't be stored locally :)

Can you maybe accept the 'deletion' and then re-download in bulk the ones you want?

Associate
I am having issues with my 4XL
When I am on a call the earpiece is very quiet even though I have the volume set all the way up to maximum.
Due to this problem I think it's going to be an RMA.
Have had all the Pixel & other Google devices/phones. The RMA process has always been excellent. I would contact Google & they would send me (what appeared to be) a new phone out. I could then transfer all my information from one phone into the other & then return the old phone.
(So enough preamble, now for the questions).
Is the RMA new for old as my phone is in 'as new' condition & don't want something that's dogeared coming back to me.
Is the RMA process still the same (send out unit & you then send yours back) or do you have to send yours off first before you get a replacement.

Thanks for the help

Paul

Soldato
I am having issues with my 4XL
When I am on a call the earpiece is very quiet even though I have the volume set all the way up to maximum.
Due to this problem I think it's going to be an RMA.
Have had all the Pixel & other Google devices/phones. The RMA process has always been excellent. I would contact Google & they would send me (what appeared to be) a new phone out. I could then transfer all my information from one phone into the other & then return the old phone.
(So enough preamble, now for the questions).
Is the RMA new for old as my phone is in 'as new' condition & don't want something that's dogeared coming back to me.
Is the RMA process still the same (send out unit & you then send yours back) or do you have to send yours off first before you get a replacement.

Thanks for the help

Paul

hey depends. if you ordered from google then they ship first. if you purchased somewhere else you return first.

there T&C's say it can be a refurb. in my return process i have had a refurb and it is brand new in body. i think with a refurb they just add a new body as in back and glass. so physical appearance will be new.

Soldato
I've just looked on Google photos from my PC and can obviously download anything I want. But is there a way to download a whole album ?

I want to download a whole album of a person that Google as categorised for me.

Soldato
I believe you load said album and if you hover over the first photo you'll see a white circle with a transparent tick. When you select the circle it turns blue, then simply shift and click on the last photo you want. You can then download all these as a zip using the 3 button menu in the top right corner.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Can anyone with a 4XL test their speakers with YouTube or Spotify please?

How do they sound? Are they balanced? How's the volume on the top one of you cover the bottom speaker?

Pretty sure mine is busted and I just want to see what other day before I speak to Google.

Associate
Can anyone with a 4XL test their speakers with YouTube or Spotify please?

How do they sound? Are they balanced? How's the volume on the top one of you cover the bottom speaker?

Pretty sure mine is busted and I just want to see what other day before I speak to Google.

Just checked mine using Spotify and they do sound pretty equal - Pixel 4XL running the latest beta

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yeah I was affraid someone would say that. I think mine is bust. I can barely hear anything out of it.

Phone calls are fine though so. I assume the earpiece and speaker are two separate drivers?

Back
Top Bottom